Hey everyone, I'm back - for really reals this time :D

Just want
to say how amazed I've been with the work so far in HA, and how
genuinely shocked, honoured and humbled that of all the characters,
ideas and pieces contributed to this amazing community project, it's
Amalgam who seems to be getting the majority of love. And I can't take
all the credit for that - sure, I created him, but I did it for YOU
GUYS, and you've really breathed new life into him and, to an extent,
CLAW as well (I'm sure they're still skulking around *wink-wink*). I hope to come back to this project 150% with you all, as I have so many ideas and stories to share! Not to mention two potential epics already in the works.

But also, that news I promised, and sorry if this sounds likea broken record but…. RELIK IS FINALLY RELAUNCHING, hopefully for good this time! Eric Harmon will be taking over the artistic reins, and should be able to commit for the foreseeable future. And what better way to show that to all you loyal, loving fans of the Big R than to take you on a trip into the future! That's right, as a sort of refresher/teaser, we've come up with a 4-page (5 including the cover) 'primer' that's been snatched right from the pages of Relik #XX! It's so far ahead of current continuity, I couldn't pin down an exact number but trust me, what it hints at should hopefully make the wait all worth it, and have you eager for those issues to fly by! :D

Until then, thanks again for your unending support, love and commitment to keeping Relik and his expanding universe alive! And since you all love Amalgam so much, I might just throw some stories into the HA melting pot. "Pieces of Eight", anyone…..?
I love you all,
Sincerely,
Dave

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Great stuff, I'm really looking forward to Relik returning. Apologies for not being able to draw up #2 a while back, at least I was able to supply the cover.
As for Amalgam, I don't if you recall, but we had a chat over PQ some time ago about where I sort of wanted to take Amalgam. He's a character I adore, especially as I was able to be the first to write him into HA and expand on his character. Anything with Amalgam in it, I'd be up for seeing. I really want to work on an Amalgam One-Shot or something at one point.
As for CLAW, I agree and mentioned this some time back that these could be morphed into the Hydra of the HUniverse and one of the "big bads" or recurring villains.
Anyway, glad to have you back, man!

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I feel like I'm trying to shoehorn Chaos into everything lately, but I think it'd be really interesting to do an Amalgam/Chaos short at some point: Amalgam perhaps HA's heaviest hitter and Chaos the skilled but unpowered human drawn into playing in the big leagues.  Chaos probably more confident and impetuous than he should be and Amalgam more reserved. 

I really do need to do a proper Chaos write up somewhere. I've been avoiding posting one publicly though, because a lot of it hasn't actually happened in his own series yet… 

Posted at

Just to prove we're not jerking your chains, I've uploaded fresh sketches to Relik, penned by Eric himself! Check 'em out!

Ironhand, no worries about not being able to do issue 2, there was never any obligation. As you said, yes, I do still have the completed cover and i will be publishing it, but actually as a "variant cover" to be uploaded a day after Eric's one, because we felt in order for his indefinite run to be firmly cemented after Relik's 2-year on-off-again fiasco the second issue needs to be all him, to show coherence and really showcase his many talents. Hope you're okay with that, like I said your cover will be going up too, and you will be credited.

As for you saying you'd like to be involved in anything Amalgam, including a possible one-shot, do you mean artistically or writing wise? Now I'm back I have plans for Amalgam that will run throughout season 2 - a major character sub-plot, if you will. So any such one-shot would have to be either out of continuity, or set during season 1 or between the two. But that's not to say I'm not interested in any ideas you have, and if need be we can alway create a seperate Amalgam comic on my account.

As for CLAW being set up as a Hydra 'big bad', couldn't agree more, that was infact my entire idea when creating them (well, more SPECTRE from the Bond movies, but you get the idea). Again, I'm working to do just that throughout season 2!

Irrevent, I like your idea too - pop me a PQ and we'll talk more about it!

Take care,
Dave

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

The idea for Amalgam would be a standalone issue where we just show what it's like to have 8 people in his head. As for Season 2, seeing as you were away, I kind of adopted Amalgam with his stories. I had a few things in mind that I wanted to brew over Season 2 and the like or just the issues I would write.

Posted at

Ironhand, that's what my story idea "Pieces of Eight" is going to be about; Amalgam and his struggle to keep control over 8 contrasing personalities, as well as the repurcussions that came with how he got his powers (the 8 heroes had familes and loved ones, after all). Like you, I have issues and points in mind throughout season 2, including a big thing in the finale.

Dave

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I only just got that title! xD

Are you at least going to throw in a token pirate for us? :) 

SympleSymon wrote:
Ironhand, that's what my story idea "Pieces of Eight" is going to be about; Amalgam and his struggle to keep control over 8 contrasing personalities, as well as the repurcussions that came with how he got his powers (the 8 heroes had familes and loved ones, after all). Like you, I have issues and points in mind throughout season 2, including a big thing in the finale.

Dave

Posted at

xD Yeah, that title sneaks up on people, that's why I love it so much.

And as for a obligatory pirate? Hmmm, well, I've only got 3 of the 8 heroes planned out thus far (Cerebella, Sentinel-X and Blind Augur), so who knows? Maybe the Bucaneer, lol…?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.