Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Hey, guys. I recently got a very quick idea in my head for a short RISE story. It's basically a very quick takedown of villains and it shows how the team works and how militaristic they are. Now, I don't mind drawing this myself, but I thought I'd drop by here anyway. Would anyone want to draw this or contribute to it in anyway? I think it will most likely clock in at around 12 pages and will be a nice bridge between either #9/#10 or #10/#11 to show how RISE works.

If anyones interested, let me know here.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

That's great, thanks. I'm more than happy drawing a few pages of the short, I just can't do them all so any artist who wants to help would be gracefully accepted XD

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

cdmalcolm1 wrote:I could do a few pages if you like. PQ me or just reply here.

I just need a colorist.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

That's great, CD! I could definitely asign you some pages which would help alot. Scripting is going pretty well and I'm nearly finished with it! If anyone else wants to contribute, let me know!

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

That sounds cool guys, thanks! It'd be great seeing CD's work coloured by irrev again, especially with how the pages in the ninja chapter looked like! Scripting is very nearly complete so I'll send you all scripts and page asignments pretty soon! 
Irrev: I'll let you sample the script first…if you see a page or two you fancy drawing, you can have them. 

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I've sent out an email to you all with the script and characters attached. Here are the page assignments. Of course, if there's another page you'd rather do instead of the one assigned, feel free to change it. There's no rush with these pages either. This short is going to be placed in between Issues 10 and 11 so there's plenty of time ahead.

PAGE 1 - irrevenant
PAGE 2 - cdmalcolm1
PAGE 3 - (THIS PAGE IS OPEN TO ANYONE)
PAGE 4 - ironhand
PAGE 5 - cdmalcolm1
PAGE 6 - shastab24
PAGE 7 - irrevenant
PAGE 8 - cdmalcolm1
PAGE 9 - ironhand
PAGE 10 - ironhand
PAGE 11 - abt_nihil
PAGE 12 - abt_nihil

Posted at

Same here :D

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Do we need to set up a Dropbox Addicts Anonymous?

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Holy crap. I can't believe I'm just seeing this now. I'm going to see what I can do for this. Just wondering if script is still there. But be for e I do this, I want to bust out the poster for HA first. Then I'll jump in it. If no one has done anything for this yet. I want to have a meeting about it later on where are we going with this. I'm so sorry that I mess this. (Too many forums to go through to check up on. )

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I can't remember if a dropbox was created but I'm sure I sent you the script via email when I first wrote it. I can always send it again if you didn't receive.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Yes. Please send another email my way. Everything has stopped and I got nothing but time. For now. Things could pickup at HA at any moment.

Loving New Guard by the way.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I can't recall if a dropbox was already set up or not. Feel free to create a new one though, and I'll get putting the script on there/references when I've got more free time.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Okay, I created a Dropbox folder for this, put the script and references inside and have sent a PQ containing the URL to Ironhand, cdmalcolm1, Shastab24 and Abt_Nihil.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Sorry not being around much. Thanks for creating the dropbox folder, I'm hoping to start getting to work on my pages ASAP.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I actually never checked the link because I was busy. I think I lost the link entirely. And I hardly ever go on Dropbox myself.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Just look for the "Dropbox for HA RISE Short Story" PQ by irrevenant from end of 2015. If you're logged into your dropbox account, you can add the folder to your account, so you'll be notified whenever files are updated.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I realized I did check it out before and found the link easily after I sent the post (of course).

We need reference pictures, though, because I don't want to draw my page without knowing things like the setting or what Bones was wearing before, so I can know what to keep on him (though I must say, not wanting to read the script before my page leads to me really wanting to see this uploaded–seems a bit wild right now, in a good way).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.