Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Celebrity lookalikes?

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I read an article once that suggested having a "celebrity lookalike" for each character.  On the one hand, it's a good way to keep a consistent idea of what the character looks like.  On the other hand it may possibly constrain original character design.

But either way it's fun, so… :D  I'll start.

I envision Ben Wyndham (Chaos) as looking a lot like a bespectacled, clean-shaven, red-haired, tattoo-less Adam Levine.  His physique is spot-on for Ben - lean, fit and strong without being bulky.

Posted at

Pretty cool. When I saw this guy on NXT I knew this guy if Peligroso was made into a movie he would friggen play him XD

If you don't know who this is, this is the Savior of Misbehavior Corey Graves

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Yeah, the plan is to cast Adam Levine as the entirety of HA, didn't you know?  He's going to look awesome as Bombshell. ;) 

One thing that's interesting about this exercise is you get a better idea of how the creators see their characters. I would've figured someone like Vin Diesel or The Rock - but SUX seems to envision him as less bulky than that.

Have you had any thoughts about casting Bombshell?

Posted at

Oh yeah I can see her as Bombshell.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I've actually started to use bodybuilder Jay Cutler as a reference for Sparkle:

And Astral's astral form I've been trying to use fitness model Steve Cook:

It can be interesting to try and adhere to references, but I notice it helps me as an artist to try and get my art as close to actual people as I can.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

the NXT guy suits Peligroso like a glove I think! at least in that picture. he's got the body,sure, but that look is very Peligrosoesque. Like his default is just to brutalize and he's always a hair away from destroying something. I dig it! Heh heh, Cutler's great as Sparkle too! I kind of want to see someone take photoshop to him the same way Abt has for bombshell (which looks BITCHIN btw, Abt!)
My insperation for Bones was young Dave Mustaine. 
Though Bones is still alot dirtier and grimier than he is. 
I've also heard of some people likening Dave's looks to Vladimir Putin' so…..
I guess if all else fails, just slap some hair on Putin and you've got a Bones!

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I couldn't really find a Celeb that fit her face. or if I did the hair was wrong. so i looked up some Plus size models instead and found the look i was looking for.  with some PS I think It came out ok.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.