Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Story Idea- Stake Out

Posted at

Plot- the Young Alliance heroes sneak about the complex seeing how everyones favorite demonic biker relaxes on a seemingly normal day off.

Young Heroes I would like to use.
Comet Kid
Vora
Harmony
Blue Jay

Posted at

I think for Harmony it be like how they introduced Peligroso, just pop him in :P
I'm still thinking of a way to introduce her properly into the team, but I think for a little fun chapter that it be fine if she's just there.
And Nice, I don't know if you wanna help me out with this and we sorta combine the two? Cause my scripts are good but I always love having help :)

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I see there being a lot of collaboration on this one.  Presumably someone will write the framing story and each character's creator will flesh out what their characters are doing during downtime.

I dunno if we want to go anthology style where each person writes a short and we combine them, or have one person collect input from everyone and write the script for the whole thing.  Option 2 seems likelier to actually happen…

sux wrote:
I think for Harmony it be like how they introduced Peligroso, just pop him in :P
I'm still thinking of a way to introduce her properly into the team, but I think for a little fun chapter that it be fine if she's just there.
And Nice, I don't know if you wanna help me out with this and we sorta combine the two? Cause my scripts are good but I always love having help :)

Posted at

I agree with you there on the latter being used.

Posted at

I've started working on writing the very basic story for this, hopefully everyone can help me out and really help flesh it out :)

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

So, is this basically going to be a tour of HA HQ and we get to see what the older heroes do during their time off, while the young ones are sneaking around? Is there also going to be a threat for the young heroes to fight or some task to accomplish?

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Without speaking for SUX, I see this as a natural fit for the "Downtime" story I floated earlier. The premise of that story was "What do our heroes do when they're not saving the world?".  It would be a character-driven episode, watching the characters during their quiet times, rather than an action-driven one.  I'm envisioning a series of vignettes (with some interlinking) similar in tone and content to that story (I thought it was an HU Adventure, but can't find it now) where Vora used her powers to dance with SHELL's armour while Masao was off doing something else.

The characters, their lives, and their interactions are interesting enough to carry an issue without any need for Bam Thwack Pow, IMO. 

Optionally we can even throw in a few scenes of villains (Handsome and Ransom?) taking a breather. Or RISE, depending on when this issue airs - though they're getting a lot of airtime at the moment already with Fandango and Ironhand's story. 

Incidentally, I wonder if Peligroso's movements would extend beyond the complex on his day off. Might he visit his old neighbourhood? With teleport technology, the kids would be able to follow him almost anywhere.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.