Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

FASHION SHOW! (Model/Couture Designer/Fashion Critic Sign-Ups Now Open)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

EDIT (by HippieVan): Here is the official Fashion Show forum! https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/13117/

Hi poopy peoples! Are you ready for fashion?
I AM!
OK, what we're going to do is hold a fashion show/beautty contast with a bunch of DD characters dressed in outfits in various catagories. And its going to be both stylish AND sexy.

But WHAT catagories will there be? HOW will it be judged? WHO will do the judging? HOW will we even DO this thing?
Well that's all up to YOU and VinoMas to figure out.
Vino:
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/VinoMas/

VINO-MAS is going to lead the fashon show as a sort of Tyra Banks. And I want YOU to help him.

This is what he has to say:
Dear Duck Members,
ART&FASHION;
is coming VERY soon to The Duck Webcomics.  A place for all of us to
share our characters, our art, our ideas, but all in the form of
costume, fashion, and style.  Show your appreciation to this forum by
commenting or asking questions.  Ozone Ocean and Kawaiidaigakusei
 have been instrumental in this fantastic idea and we are really interested in seeing who out there is interested too!
Plus,
I'm adding a tie-in brand new comic which is truly a labor of love.
 I'm using both new drawings and my childhood drawings of the same
characters : FASHION MODELS!

Sincerely, 
The Vampires, 
VinoMas & Princess January

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Thanks Ozone!  Lots more coming this week and the premiere page of my new webcomic Confessions of a Paper Doll, which will take you to the behind the scenes of fashion models of the 1980s until now!
This fashion show / beauty pageant hybrid is a cool new attempt to attract members into ongoing community projects.  We appreciate everyone's early enthusiam and would love everyone seeing this to comment if this is something they would like to participate in.  It's super easy and a great "mixer" for Duck members!  Maybe we could continue to this forum thread with the perfect name for our Fashion Show Forum here at the Duck?  Or an early photo of one of your character's great looks!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Hold the front page! Well, read it at least, for that is what I have just done. Consequently I would like to pass on the request from one of my characters, Kyoko, to be considered as a model.
That's Kyoko Briars, who nobody has seen or heard of yet, but is definitely up for it.

I'd also like to sign up as a designer, because it's an interesting challenge. Not as a judger though, because who am I to judge? I don't know my ascot from my elbow.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Could this work like paper dolls?  You know the original artist supplies a basic pose and the designers dress the figure in their fashion using a tracing or scan?  If so I can do some basic poses for some of my figures so they can be dressed up.  Belinda Brandon is available as are any of the ladies from Tales Of SIG. And the Grey Guys and Girls would be good as one does look like a generic manniquin.

That could be such a cool multi-media thing. And we have to have some male fashion too. 

I can also do some judging. Let loose Groucho the critic. "As a tall person I can appreciate that this fashion raises the stink of awful to new heights. And it is indeed pungent."

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I would like to roll out some fashion stuff. I will submit two of my characters and ask for another members character to hold it down for duo runway segment.

few questions. Are we the artist have to make it a like a comic page or a splash page? are artist going to submit designer clothing for our characters to wear or do we provide our own fashtion sense? Will there a Deadbeat Fashion commitee astist for those that sign up but can't deliver?

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

This project feels like it will have a lot of energy - pretty exciting…!  But truly, when it comes to fashion I'm like a fish out of water - the height of my fashion sense is tank tops and water shoes (when we're kayaking), but I'll volunteer to help…!
I'll offer my character Kimber Lee Luster as a model.
And… with trepidation I'll volunteer to design something for another model… (eeek!).  Haha, maybe I can make the plain fashionable!   How is this gonna work anyway?  Similar to Secret Santa, where Designers are secretly given a Model to vogue up?  Or can designers request models they want to work with (from a prepared list), and/or vice-versa?  

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

This all looks super fun and super great! I haven't really participated in a lot of community projects but i'm trying to change that starting this year.

I have some pretty fashionable folks in my comic DeadFingers right now, some possible characters that are available for modeling: Orn, Roxy, Matriarch Orlaith and her son Ronig come to mind at the moment. I'm not sure if there's a limit but I would like to offer those 4 if I can. :D

I would love to join in on the design process as well! Designing and sewing costumes is kind of what I do in real life for fun so I would love to offer my design skills for the show as well. Can't wait to learn more about the rules and conditions :3!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I'm not such a fashion designer, but it'd be fun for any of my three main girls to be models. (well, Kaida is model thin. The others have non-model builds.) If guys are to be included in this, Tristan is rather stylish (or would be if he wasn't dirt poor).

Btw, somewhat unrelated but the first community project I participated in on DD was a "beauty pageant" back in 2007.

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

This is such an exciting idea!  I've never participated in any community things on DD before, so this would be my first.
All my Techniplex main characters are under age at the moment, but I think Elba would make a good model. Maybe even Theo for male fashion, if there is any. I would like to join in on the designing, too.

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

WOW!
The enthusiasm in contagious!  Thank you all so much for your interest.  I will attempt to answer all of your questions below.  Just know though that we are creating as we go (with lots of ideas already planned), however many of your questions are actually both inspirations and helpful for making rules.  I will try to give credit to all of you who have helped make this community project what it will be.
For MARCH, we will start off pretty free-for-all in order to get as many applicants as possible.  Of course, you could keep a seasonal theme going of Spring, St. Patrick's, ect, or not.
I hope you read all of my responses as it should answer other questions you might have.
IRONSCARF :
I am registering Kyoko Briars as a model in our fashion show.
I am registering Ironscarf as a fashion designer.  
BRAVO1102 : 
Belinda Brandon and the ladies of TALES OF SIG and the Grey guys and girls are now registered as models.  Please let me know the  names of the models you would like to have in the show.
I am registering Bravo1102 as a judge when contests begin (coming later)…
Male models are encouraged, yes, and the paper doll idea is fantastic.  So some of our models can be in simple swimwear/lingerie/body molds and designers can dress them up in a paper doll fashion.  I know I'm planning on both paper doll and pinup styles.
CDMALCOME1 :
I am registering two models of cdmalcom's and noting that you will be designing.  Would love their names when you submit them.
I think the duo runway idea is great.  Maybe we could start that with members choosing each other and then later do a pair off.
My thought was that the background would be simple for the model and outfit to stand out (like a pin-up) although the idea of a paper doll with clothes on one page is an option as well as a comic page or spash.  We are keeping it really open for March!  Just want to get lots and lots of volunteers! :)
You can design any style (designer or other).
The deadbeat fashion committee might be needed later but for now I don't see a need for it.  When needed, it will be created, though. :)
KIMLUSTER : 
I am registering Kimber Lee as a model.
I am registering KimLuster as a designer.
Fashion is in the eye of the beholder.  Every designer and judge will get to make their own decisions on what they think is right for them to create and what they consider fashionable (based on a rubric, of course).  The challenges, however, will ask you to step out of your comfort zone or may just be right up your alley.
This first month we are keeping it simple and planning for more options.  Both of your ideas are great and can certainly be added into a theme, contest, or season.  Like secret santa, we can match models and fashion up and designers can pick as well.
PEIPEI :
I am registering Orn, Roxy, and Matriarch Orlaith as models.  At this time, there is no limit as we are trying to get art out there.  
I will also register you, Peipei, as a designer as well.  Very excited to see your designs!
USEDBOOKS : 
Kaida and your other two girls are registered.  Tristan is also registered.
Usedbooks could I offer you an opportunity for you to blog and/or interview with me about that blast from the past pageant in 2007?  Would love to see what we can continue with our upcoming pageant and what we can bring that's new.
Apologies for the long comment.  Keep your questions coming and looking forward to seeing more.  The comic that will link to the forum is the upcoming webcomic Confessions of a Paper Doll, created by me, VinoMas!  Hope you enjoy it!  Lots of fashion!
VinoMas

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Awesome! I'm very excited to be apart of this ^^! By the way, I sent you a private message pertaining to the show :3! 

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

Woo hoo! When does it start and what is it exactly that is to be done? Will there be further instructions? I'm so excited!

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

I would love to be involved somehow.  perhaps as a designer.   Most of my characters do not hang around to much after a stoy or two, we could possibly throw  in a witch or mermaid or two.  or maybe I can help with odds and ends, extra bits of art or back grounds, whatever….
Do not really want to judge anyone's though.  I am not comfortable or qualified for that.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

plymayer wrote:
I would love to be involved somehow.  perhaps as a designer.   Most of my characters do not hang around to much after a stoy or two, we could possibly throw  in a witch or mermaid or two.  or maybe I can help with odds and ends, extra bits of art or back grounds, whatever….
Do not really want to judge anyone's though.  I am not comfortable or qualified for that.
I recommend your Avatar as a Model - it's so recognizable and iconic and is pretty easy to extroplate a full figure from (as I've done in my story hehe)

Posted at

I would like to sign up Miss.Sorrow as a model and myself as a designer of things.. I am not sure how this all works so bear with me as I am unusually slow in the head.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

VinoMas wrote:
BRAVO1102 : 
Belinda Brandon and the ladies of TALES OF SIG and the Grey guys and girls are now registered as models.  Please let me know the  names of the models you would like to have in the show.
I am registering Bravo1102 as a judge when contests begin (coming later)…
Male models are encouraged, yes, and the paper doll idea is fantastic.  So some of our models can be in simple swimwear/lingerie/body molds and designers can dress them up in a paper doll fashion.  I know I'm planning on both paper doll and pinup styles.
VinoMas
 What I'm going to do is photograph and make up some body molds of the figures in various poses wearing their skivvies/ lingerie.  It'll probably be Belinda Brandon, Aura, Beverly, Vera, Rickover, Frank and Jill.  That way it'll be two blondes, a brunette, a silver haired black, a guy and two grey types.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I'll happily offer up my new character Dee as a model, although like ironscarf's character no one has seen her yet. :P

I think I could probably design something as well.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

VinoMas wrote:
Usedbooks could I offer you an opportunity for you to blog and/or interview with me about that blast from the past pageant in 2007?  Would love to see what we can continue with our upcoming pageant and what we can bring that's new.
Sure. I tried to look it up on DD, but I think whoever set it up took it down. I still have my entries. (I was new to "art" so they are REALLY bad.) I think it's different from what you have in mind. Men and women characters competed separately and went through three rounds. Formal wear. swim wear, and talent. Each contestant would send in a strip/page for the round. After the pictures were posted, there was a general vote.
And a handful of people kept whining about how it wasn't fair and how the popular comics were going to win no matter what and all the general bitchiness that accompanies real pageants. XD But most people had fun and didn't care about votes or who won (considering there was no prize). For me, it was a way to be part of the community and let people know about my unknown new comic.

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Thank you to everyone who has recently replied.  I will answer each of you in order!  Also a couple things I just want to put out there (maybe the beginning of RULES and a little about me.)
First of all, I'm creative and can manuever around Facebook like a champ, but for someone reason the Duck and I have uploading/tech problems.  My newest webcomic Confessions of a Paper Doll is two days overdue because I can't seem to upload it.  Oh well, that's just a warning if I fall of the Duck mid-competition. ;)  Confessions of a Paper Doll is the sister comic to the upcoming forum DUCK FASHION and subforum MR./MS. DRUNK DUCK FASHION IDOL (names in caps subject to change).
Once that forum is set up, we will begin taking submissions.  Again, regarding RULES, MARCH is free-for-all month so consider this a FASHION PARADE.  No competition, No judging, just submit, submit, submit.  Get a friend to join you, trade characters, design your dream closet, make paper dolls, redraw the clothes from your comic, and above all, have fun!  Keep in mind, the images you send in MARCH can be resubmitted later for competions or thematic fashion shows.  So….FLOOD THE DUCK with F$%&#ing FASHION!!!
More to come…
Peipei:  Thanks!  Got your message and wrote you back.
Luccia:  Thanks!  See above.
Plymayer:  I'm registering you with models and designs.
KimLuster:  I second your recommendation of Plymayer's avatar as a model.  I think everyone involved could design for him.  He'd have a closet full of new clothes!

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Skreem : I'm registering Miss Sorrow as a model and you as a designer.  I'm slow in the head too so let's be slow together.  Ask me lots of questions! :)  Seriously.
Bravo1102:  I really appreciate you creating this "dolls" for fans to dress.  This is really awesome and your characters are absolutely perfect.  You are such a star!
HippieVan: I am registering Dee as a model and you as a designer!  So glad you are a part of this!
Usedbooks : Thanks so much for the gossip and information on that pageant.  I can see part of those elements involved but as someone who currently hosts and creates a photo beauty pageant on Facebook, I'll definitely use some of that knowledge as well.  I'm really excited for the pageant.  Hopefully that can start in May!  I'm hoping a lot of new members join in this too and help them get recognized.

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

VinoMas wrote:
Plymayer:  I'm registering you with models and designs.
KimLuster:  I second your recommendation of Plymayer's avatar as a model.  I think everyone involved could design for him.  He'd have a closet full of new clothes!
I sure could use some.  Wear pretty much the same thing week to week.

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

HI EVERYONE,
The DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE is officially going on as we speak.  People all over The Duck Webcomics are swarming in to post their fashions and models.  Lots of information, a question and answer space, a Princess January dress-a-doll, and for this March, a Fashion Parade free-for-all!  Can't wait to see everyone post!
Also, coming in later months!  Contests, pageants, a podcast, and much much more.  Walk that runway…it's time to show off!
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/13117/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.