Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS! Ideas Galore!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

I absolutely hate to be daft about this…  I love all the 'industry talk' treating this as a real fashion show, but I'm sorta hazy about what to actually do.  Do I just pick a Model that's been offered and doll him/her up in something I designed?  Do I need to get with the person who offered the Model?  Then do I just post the finished fashion design to the 'catwalk thread'?  
Hope I'm not overthinking - maybe I'm just obtuse by nature haha :D

Posted at

I'm still not fully understanding what we should do.

Do I submit my models as they look in the comics 1st?
Do I submit them dressed up 1st?
Do I submit them quasi naked in paper doll form so anyone can style them? Then I make styles for other ppl's characters too?

Thanks for feedback! 

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I thought the first thing was draw your own character/s in any outfit you want, just to get started. Or maybe it's any character you want, in your own outfit?

I'm drawing my character until someone tells me different, so people will have some idea what she's supposed to look like. I'm not giving away any of my best outfits yet though. She can wear an old plot related t-shirt from a hotel bar in Luxor.

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Hello artists and fellow fashionistas!  LOVED your questions.  I'll try to answer them as best as possible, but I want to make sure you already read the forum rules.  Everything you need to know should be there, but I'll repost most of it here as well so that everyone is clear on the "current" rules.
We will be having a MARCH FREE-FOR-ALL PARADE OF FASHION!
HERE ARE THE RULES:  (if these don't make sense, please ask  questions or give me an easier scenario as I'm not that tech savvy with the Duck).
1.  Post your image in the subforum titled DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE.  It should be a simple background (or not) with one (or more) characters wearing clothes.
2.  THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!  Please name your outfits/costumes.  This is very creative and fun and it brings back the nostalgia of other fashion comic  books like Katy Keene or Misty.  In those comics, fans submitted outfits to be worn in the comic and each outfit had a name of it's own (example Green with Envy or Midsummer Nght's Scream).  I think naming each outfit is really important for future contests as well. :)
3.  Please name your model.  Later in competitions, models may compete against each other.
4.  Be creative and have fun.  Get friends to trade or design by yourself.
LET THE FASHION PARADE BEGIN!!!

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

KimLuster wrote:
I absolutely hate to be daft about this…  I love all the 'industry talk' treating this as a real fashion show, but I'm sorta hazy about what to actually do.  Do I just pick a Model that's been offered and doll him/her up in something I designed?  Do I need to get with the person who offered the Model?  Then do I just post the finished fashion design to the 'catwalk thread'?  
Hope I'm not overthinking - maybe I'm just obtuse by nature haha :D

KimLuster - Thank you for your support of the "industry talk".  I think it's really important for longevity of this project that we all commit fully to the fantasy.
Don't worry about feeling hazy about what to do.  Free-for-All Fashion Parades are so vague for the reason that we really want you to show your personal creativity.  There is always time to take risks later. :)
You can pick a model that has been offered and doll him/her up in something you design, and you do not need to get with the person unless you want to.  
Then you post the fashion design in the thread labeled "DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE"!
You are not overthinking, you are just thinking with a mind on style.  And that's all we can ask for.  This site is REALLY excited to see what you are going to come up!

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

JustNoPoint wrote:
I'm still not fully understanding what we should do.

Do I submit my models as they look in the comics 1st?
Do I submit them dressed up 1st?
Do I submit them quasi naked in paper doll form so anyone can style them? Then I make styles for other ppl's characters too?

Thanks for feedback! 

JustNoPoint
I think submitting your models as they look in the comic first really helps to promote your comic, characters, and personal styles.  
Your style (dressed up first) is up to you, at this time.
You can submit them dressed or you can do a "create-a-doll" for others to dress, and we encourage you to dress the other dress-a-dolls.
Hope that helps!

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
I thought the first thing was draw your own character/s in any outfit you want, just to get started. Or maybe it's any character you want, in your own outfit?

I'm drawing my character until someone tells me different, so people will have some idea what she's supposed to look like. I'm not giving away any of my best outfits yet though. She can wear an old plot related t-shirt from a hotel bar in Luxor.

Ironscarf:
Your above questions are correct.  It's a free-for-all so you make up your own rules regarding who and what you submit.
I'm looking forward to you drawing your own character for us.  Feel free to keep your best designs to yourself, but let us know when you do "share". :)

Posted at

Thanks! I had read the rules but I was still confused on those particular questions :P

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Wonderful JustNoPoint!  For anyone who is ready to post:  When you are ready to post fashion, put it in the thread labeled DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE and if you are doing a dress-a-doll create a new thread and label it.  If you are dressing a doll post it in the thread with the doll and in the DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE thread (it's in red). :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.