Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

If you're experiencing a bug, check out HIPPIE VAN'S GRAND LIST OF BUGS (AND WORKAROUNDS).

If you just need general help with figuring something out on the site, your first stop should be the DD Help Site: https://sites.google.com/site/theduckhelp/

If whatever you need help with isn't addressed over there, please feel free to post your question in this thread!

Lee M
Lee M
Posted at

I've been a member for some time, but I've only just begun assisting Ed Kline on Nightshade the Merry Widow. I'd like this to appear on my Profile where it says Comics Assisted By Lee M, but I can't find any way to edit that part. On the Help pages it says "You'll see an "edit" link for these", but I can't for the life of me see where.

Jeremy Ray
Jeremy Ray
Posted at

Where can I see what replies my comic has received?

Z74
Z74
Posted at

i was wondering how to edit the name of my comic - I just discovered that there is a comic ( an old dead one from 2011 with only a few pages ) that has the name Star Knights - since my comic is kinda drawing some viewers here and where I mirror it I want to be able to be listed so I was going to change it to Z74's Star Knights but I don't see how to do that , any help greatly appreciated .

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Z74 wrote:
i was wondering how to edit the name of my comic - I just discovered that there is a comic ( an old dead one from 2011 with only a few pages ) that has the name Star Knights - since my comic is kinda drawing some viewers here and where I mirror it I want to be able to be listed so I was going to change it to Z74's Star Knights but I don't see how to do that , any help greatly appreciated .
FYI Z74, I PQ'd you about this! :) Let me know if you still need help.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'm working on a background for a comic. Since all monitors are different, I was wonder what appropriate dimensions would be for the image. I'm mostly looking into what would make a good width.

Posted at

Hi there, I'm new here on The Duck, and I really want to make a comic, so what I want to know is, are fanmade adaptation comics allowed? (EG: If I made a comic version of Lord of the Rings) My apologies also, if this is stated somewhere on the site. I couldnt find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

I've never seen any disclaimer like that, and I've seen lots of comics set in established universes here (Star Wars, Star Trek, Skyrim…) - some are parody, some not… Curious as to what Universe you're thinking of (Lord of the Rings ?)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Lord of the rings or other fun things are fine. We just can't feature them.

markgrant
markgrant
Posted at

How do I completely delete my account? Thanks.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sorry to see you go. I can do that at any time for you.

Darklings
Darklings
Posted at

I've noticed that my comic, Darklings, doesn't have any of the milestone tropies, even though we've been posting for over 4 years.

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

Darklings wrote:
I've noticed that my comic, Darklings, doesn't have any of the milestone tropies, even though we've been posting for over 4 years.
Fairly sure trophies haven't worked in a loooong time! No-one has them anymore as far as I know, even the ones people already had are gone. I'd assume it's basically just not part of the system anymore.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yes, trophies aren't given automatically anymore. I can put them on a person's profile manually due to requests though.

synwells
synwells
Posted at

Im thinking of getting a drawing monitor for my laptop. Only problem is my software is photoshop 7.0. Would any drawing monitors work with it? Or do i need to look into new software as well?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You mean like a Cintiq type deal?
Photoshop 7 will work with it. If you can enable pressure sensitivity with any other tablet it should work.

But there are LOTS of programs you can use if you have trouble with PS7. Manga Studio is one of the most popular.

Posted at

To anyone who can assist:
Any way that I'm able to change my username here? I just recently got a name change for my website and I'd really like the other places I haunt to match the new name.
I guess I could start a new profile, but that's 600+ pages to repost.
Any solutions?

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

@KingYoungComics: Yes it's possible, send a PQ to our admin in the post above you, ozoneocean!

Posted at

So I am curious as to how most comics gain traction on this site? How do people find them? Do I need to promote it in a forum? Or can I leave it be and people will eventually stumble upon like when searching for webcomics and such?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Perrys_Hotter wrote:
So I am curious as to how most comics gain traction on this site? How do people find them? Do I need to promote it in a forum? Or can I leave it be and people will eventually stumble upon like when searching for webcomics and such?
Promote it on the forum here: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/9900/

There are a couple of guides we've done here:
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/news/2017/jun/15/read-my-comic-damn-it-a-how-to-guide/
and here:
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/news/2017/jun/08/quackcast-328-how-to-get-people-to-read-your-comic/

Also a podcast if you don't like reading :D
https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/quackcast/episode-328-how-to-get-people-to-read-your-comic

Posted at

PRO TIP WOT I FOUND OUT…

Have you noticed your avatars on the front page looking a bit faded over time,
colour bleed in the reds etc?

!UPLOAD THEM AS PNG!

not jpeg/jpg/gif (all bad, very bad).
It's probably some image squashing algorhytm that's fired up during every server replication, lowering the quality/size of the jpeg.. either that or witchcraft.

Posted at

Hi, just out of doubt: should I take my comic down in case it may be misinterpreted as shotacon? Don't get me wrong, I've been using poses from nude models who are at LEAST in their 20s (the character, Cuphead, is canonicaly a teenager yet in his mid twenties in my comic). If you'd like to see it for yourself it's here: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Mother_Figure/5580439/ (rated M, though) just to be sure I'm fulfilling the website's policies and not uploading anything bad, please.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

JaymonRising wrote:
Hi, just out of doubt: should I take my comic down in case it may be misinterpreted as shotacon? Don't get me wrong, I've been using poses from nude models who are at LEAST in their 20s (the character, Cuphead, is canonicaly a teenager yet in his mid twenties in my comic). If you'd like to see it for yourself it's here: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Mother_Figure/5580439/ (rated M, though) just to be sure I'm fulfilling the website's policies and not uploading anything bad, please.
No, your work is fine!
That's stylised art, obviously not something we'd think was supposed to be accurately representational.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.