Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Unless there are any objections - i would like to put together this one off short story about Titan.
I am planning to resume my work on Energize Unleashed and get my art schedule back on track, this would not be directly tied to the unleashed story - but has a loose connection. I actually have another project in the pipeline that could potentially springboard from this.
Anyway, im essentially planning to put this together anyway but thought it would make a nice little HA thing as that is Titans current residence.
If anyone is up for chipping in, then great.
Oh Yeah - Ideally this would feature a small HA team, so if anyone is happy for me to use their character please post here.

Confirmed Heroes:
Titan (Obviously)
Astral
Comet Kid
Bombshell
SolarCell
MindMistress

Confirmed Artists:
Nepath (Obviously)
Melsr007
Hero
UncreativeName
cdmalcolm
Shastab24
Abt_Nihil
Ironhand

Confirmed Villains: 
Tyros (created by Spudsy)
Hyperion (created by Nepath)

Page Assignment:
Cover:  Essaybee (pending)
Page 1: Nepath (pending)
Page 2: Nepath (pending)
Page 3: Nepath (pending)
Page 4: Nepath (pending)
Page 5: Nepath (pending)
Page 6: Nepath (pending)
Page 7: Nepath (pending)
Page 8: Abt_Nihil (pending)
Page 9: Nepath (pending)
Page 10: Hero (pending)
Page 11: Hero (pending)
Page 12: UncreativeName (pending)
Page 13: Melsr007 (pending)
Page 14: Melsr007 (pending)
Page 15: UncreativeName (pending)
Page 16: Cdmalcolm (pending)
Page 17: Cdmalcolm (pending)
Page 18: Shastab24 (pending)
Page 19: Shastab24 (pending)
Page 20: Ironhand

PQ's Sent:
Hero
Abt_Nihil
Ironhand
Cdmalcolm
Shastab24
UncreativeName
Melsr007

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I'm fine with you using Astral or Sparkle (or even, if you have much knowledge of them, Noggin, Technica, Purple Power, the Herculean, or Locomotive–they're not main characters in my comic, but they're part of the HUniverse).
Also, I really should freaking write that Stormfront script I've wanted to write.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

You can use Comet Kid if you need him.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I would be happy for you to use SolarCell if you like. It would be interesting to see. She finally made it to the HA universe.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I think i have enough characters to play with for the short now, thanks for allowing their use. If anyone is interested in chipping in on the art to speed up production, you may be able to get this out as a filler whilst HA is stuck on hiatus.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

@Hero - Could you tell me please what Comet Kids weakness is, if it were to be exploited?
@Abt_Nihil - Are you okay with Bombshell undergoing a brief transformation? Not into a monster or anything & literally for about 1-2 pages.
Thanks.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
I think i have enough characters to play with for the short now, thanks for allowing their use. If anyone is interested in chipping in on the art to speed up production, you may be able to get this out as a filler whilst HA is stuck on hiatus.
You can sign me up for a page or two

Hero
Hero
Posted at

@Hero - Could you tell me please what Comet Kids weakness is, if it were to be exploited?
PM'd you with it. Also, I can grab a page of two if you need.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
@Abt_Nihil - Are you okay with Bombshell undergoing a brief transformation? Not into a monster or anything & literally for about 1-2 pages.
Thanks.
Sure!

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I could do a few pages if there any left.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Forgot to say I could do art if needed.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I've completed the script and as predicted it came in at 20 pages. I have assigned 11 pages to the artists confirmed at the top and i will take the remaining 9 pages.

In order to keep the story a surprise for all readers & contributors, i will only send you details that you specifically need in order to complete your pages.

One open question, does the HA HQ have a lab that has been referenced previously?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
One open question, does the HA HQ have a lab that has been referenced previously?
Nope (at least not that I remember.) But it makes sense for them to have retrofitted a marine lab that had already been there for their purposes.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

If you also intended to assign a page to me, I never got any message (and I check my PQs every day).

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Sorry - I wasn't particularly clear - the script is done but i have not sent anything out yet. I will post here once i have done so, i just need to sort out some references.

@Shastab24: you are on the list i have you down for Pages 18 & 19.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

@Shastab24: I have a question about Astral. I understand that Astral is a psychic construct but is that construct projected around his true form (i.e.encasing) or is his true body somewhere else (like Avatar)?

I basically need to know what happens if Astral is knocked 'unconscious'. Would he lay there and remain a construct or would his form dematerialize? Would this leave his true self laying there? or nothing?

Thanks.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Mostly, his astral form is separate from his physical body.  He'll often leave the body at a safe place if he can.  However, he has once in the comic manifested it over his physical body, though this takes a lot of concentration and thus he can't really hold it like that for long.
If Astral's astral form gets knocked out, it'll quickly fade away and his physical form will wake up.  Now, his astral form can also be injured.  Psychic attacks are an easy way to injure it, but also sufficient magic, primarily magic designed to hurt someone's soul, as the astral form is basically Astral's soul.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.