Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How many Drunk Duckers have you met in person?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've met a few DDers face to face in my travels.
I think there are some former DDers who've met more than me, but they didn't have so far to travel… - at cons and such in the US, while I'm isolated her thousands of kilometers away from everything.

Let's see… I met Ayesinback, James Riot, Zac, CreepyCarly, TheJimmy, Aubrey Miranda, Katch, Oriana Pinick, Matt Jacobs, Jason Badower, (along with serveral Wowio DD people), Tanz Aerine, Pitface, Hyena Hell, aaaaannd, a few more that I can't recall right now because it was a few years ago at Comic Con.

Just like I can't remember everyone's nicks VS their real names, buggerit!

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

Never met any of you… as far as you know… *bwahahaha*

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

No one in this reality.  But many DDers have appeared in dreams I've had. Nearly any I've seen a photo of has shown up at least once.  Ozoneocean shows up all the time.  

It's often like this,
ME: "Hey wait a minute who the hell are you?"
DD: "Oh I'm so and so."
ME: "You're on Drunk Duck! What the hell are you doing here?"
DD: "Well those zombies are pretty dangerous but you rent's due and you gotta pay it even if your landlord is a zombie."
ME: "You live here? When did you move in?"
DD: "Oz had a party a few weeks back and we never left."
ME: "I've been trying to get rid of him for months. But Australia is overrun by kangeroo zombies and he won't leave."
And those I've heard on the Quackcast but never seen show up on the telephone.  

There are always zombies, ghosts or aliens somewhere in the dream, at least one dead relative who keeps giving advice that I have to remind is dead and to leave me alone, and all running around a large Victorian house that I've never seen before.  It's kind of like the comic Monster Soup but nowhere near as well drawn or written.  

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

None.
perhaps i should organise a UK DD meet.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Bravo you crazy dude!
You've met Ayesinback too though haven't you?

Whirlwynd that's amazing! All you awesome artists together at one time. Was it at a con?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Bravo you crazy dude!
You've met Ayesinback too though haven't you?
Have not been able to get a hold of her.  There are a couple of other New Jersey DDers but we all have tight schedules.  

Posted at

@bravo1102 Do you ever go the the MoCCA independent comic festival in New York City? It's one of my favorites.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

It doesn't qualify as face-to-face, but I was on a podcast with artdude2002 and royduncan100 once, many many moons ago.

Actually, I can't meet anyone face-to-face because I have no face. It's just a black mass of goo with eye stalks.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Stalks? I think you mean penis tentacles ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
@bravo1102 Do you ever go the the MoCCA independent comic festival in New York City? It's one of my favorites.
No, but I might start.  For the first time in nearly 20 years I finally have weekends and evenings off.

Posted at

I met several back when I first started back in 2006. When DD paid for a lot of DD users to go to Wizard World in Texas. I don't remember most of their names sadly. I met the girl that made Creepy Carly, the guy that made that one super hero that was super promoted then he got screwed over by Platinum. Man my memory sucks! Amelius was at that con and I think her husband. Whom I cannot remember the name of now either! And I worked with him and drew pages of his comic for him! I'm horrible!

There used to be Webcomic Cons in Texas hosted by Thomas Overbeck (did I actually remember a name?!!!)
Through that I met several DDers I can't remember the names of but also met Allen from Due East, Vickie aka Used Books, Amanda the former Awards Queen, and her friend Jessica who was also on DD.

EDIT: Evil Emperor Nick! I just remembered Amelius's husband's name! :P

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That would be Carly, DJ Coffman, and Nick, as you said in your correction. :)
Along with Amy, Vickie, Allan, and Amanda that's quite a lot! :D

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

So far none but would love to meet up others. I've meet some Deviant Art members at Orlando mega con all the time.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It seems like someone is meeting and getting rid of our DDers! o_O
A halloween mystery… I think it's Banes.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I know that Sameth lives in my area, but we have not yet crossed paths. The only DDers I have actually met I knew IRL first, so it doesn't count.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It counts! Tell us! Was it Ochi?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

JNP, Amanda, Jess, and some other DDers in Texas a few years ago. And Locoma showed me around his city, which was pretty awesome. I rarely have travel money, but I like to use it to hang out with DDers. (I haven't seen my sister in four years, since she married an Aussie, so Perth is next on my list. I don't think there are DDers in Perth, though.) As far as I know, there are no DDers in my corner of the world. 

DDers appear in my dreams now and then too – or sometimes their characters do. They are always having interesting adventures while I'm trying to buy toilet paper or waiting for a bus.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.