Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Networking & Community Projects*

Fan art trades?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Would anyone be interested in fan art trade? 

I'm looking for art practice not in comic page format, and drawing my own characters, I get lazy and can't grow much from. Plus, I really miss fan art trades. I used to do much more of it (and my art got better much quicker thanks to that). 

If anyone is interested in trading fan art/writing/whatever, please let me know. I'd like to take on maybe one picture/project a week (not that there needs to be deadlines), so I'm up for three or four. I'm willing to venture out of comfort zones in poses, characters, settings (with understanding that I'm not a great artist, but I'll put my heart into it). I need the challenge.

Oh, and if you don't want to trade with me, but are interested in fan art trading, you can use this thread for that. We need to get the fan art flowing again at DD.

1. JustNoPoint (DL scene) - pending 
2. Sunukee - in progress
3. xXxPsychomonsterxXx (Ace) - completed
4. dueeast (Allison) - pending 

EDIT: Didn't take long to fill four slots. I'll open up again after I finish these. (There will be a pace, since I work 40 hours a week and have a regularly updating comic.)  

Feel free to use this thread for fan art trading, though Seriously, it's good art practice and we love to get fan/guest art. 

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

This is such a fun idea! 

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I can't take credit. It was really popular to do art trades on DD back in 2007-2009ish, but the practice faded. (It's such great art practice, and cross-comic exposure sharing art and everything.)

Anyway, I completed a trade, so I'll share here (maybe encourage some people?). I drew a character named Ace for xXxPsychoMonsterxXx on DeviantArt.

Here's a link to the sketch drawn for me in the trade: http://fav.me/d97lyd3

I'm working on the next one between UB pages.

Posted at

Hey Vickie
I would like Trade some art. I have two characters of my own for you

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

The fan art trade means I can draw your characters as well? I new to this never really did any but I would love to trade art with you next time.

I'll be in korea aug to sept visiting family so I wouldn't be able to till I get back but I'd love to do one. XD I need more community in this place I keep hiding.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I completely forgot I should be drawing one for you, Mika! Life went sideways for a while. (Happily, I am employed and stable for at least three more months.)

Drawing my pages has gotten a little monotonous, so I'm going to try to make more time for art trades. It's such good practice.

I'm always open to art trades.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

I'm up for an Art Trade!! Any particular request?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

If you want to trade with me, pick any Used Books character listed here). If you go to the profiles and click the name, you'll get an archive of all the pages they are tagged on (for reference).

Let me know what you'd like me to draw and give me a good reference or two.

I don't expect deadlines on either end. It's something I like to do between pages.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

usedbooks wrote:
If you want to trade with me, pick any Used Books character listed here). If you go to the profiles and click the name, you'll get an archive of all the pages they are tagged on (for reference).

Let me know what you'd like me to draw and give me a good reference or two.

I don't expect deadlines on either end. It's something I like to do between pages.

So neato!! I've been reading your stuff for a while but I just never paid attention to this little feature list of your characters!! Okay… got 'em!! Will do at my leisure, but won't be too long :D

As for me, I'm kinda partial to how Kimber Looks in the last couple pages of the Godstrain (just click on my banner below to see last page), but really anything's fine!

This'll be fun!!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Sounds good.

Life attacked me this week (thought I was doing well on free time, then broke a tooth), so I'm skipping a UB update and allowing breathing room for community stuff like this (and DD Awards).

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

usedbooks wrote:
I completely forgot I should be drawing one for you, Mika! Life went sideways for a while. (Happily, I am employed and stable for at least three more months.)

Drawing my pages has gotten a little monotonous, so I'm going to try to make more time for art trades. It's such good practice.

I'm always open to art trades.

I did enjoy sketching your charter earlier. But I think I should try something a bit better than a sketch next time. And awe I always love seeing my charters drawn by other people. I do want to do an art trade. But I'd have to wait till I get back cause craziness will come when I am in korea.

But definitely I'd love to try and actually do a nice pick of your characters. XD

lol I know the feeling I work 40 hours too and draw three comics and I did manage to get something done for the awards so my brain pretty much mush a lot of times.

Posted at

Sorry, I'm late on this. I meant to post Ginny and James Conrad from Usedbooks
Vickie, sorry hear about the tooth thing. Ouch. I've been there. Well, thank you for Kiana & Torr.

Posted at

Same here. I mean with your drawings as a filler. 👍

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Tristan and Kaida, brother and sister from Usedbooks' epic masterpiece Used Books! A DD mainstay for many years! It's mysterious, thrilling, and seems daunting, but just jump right in!! I did - no regerts :D

For a bigger image click Here

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

usedbooks wrote:
I drew Kimber in a Wonder Woman pose. Hope you like it.

Bigger pic

Ohhhh that is sooooo awesome!! Love it!! Adding to my 'extras' now!! Thanks so much UB!!

lalaland
lalaland
Posted at

This is a cool idea! Usedbooks, you look rather busy. xD But if anyone else wants to do an art trade, feel free to let me know and/or send me a pm if I don't respond right away. :]

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.