Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How the characters you created is a reflection of you?

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Since its been slow around here, I figure I can get some interaction back into the mines and creators of the HU/HA Universe.

I got to thinking about my character SolarCell, DarkBeauty, Perception and Samantha the Purple Machete. Why did I create them to act the way they do? Going from someone that is evil to a humble person hardly explains me. Or does it? SolarCell's humble side is one of my direct feelings that she has in the HA universe. In some cases,in the up coming events, she is trying to figure out herself via the help from a great number of HA members. The closer she get to others, the more feelings are shown. I almost directly try to have a genuine feeling about how she feels when her guard is down. Her fighting side is more or less how I want her to be not so much how I feel.

DarkBeauty is more or less my hertitage of being Jamaican. So it is a representation of my background. Plus, I'm trying to cut out the stereo-typical thoughts about what a Jamaican should be like. (Dreadlocks, ganja smoking, and praying to Jah. That sort of thing. )

Perception is suppose to be a wicked selfish person. I can't say what part of me would be perception, but it was created to confused the reader(s) about what sex perception is. It's personality is to make people feel that they can trust it. If anything I can only say that perception is well spoken like me. But that's it. It's nature is do, look and say things to make others believe. (I wish I had that kind of skills on my life). A brother can dream, lol.

Samantha is mostly likely kind of like what I like in a woman. Well, sort of. She is shy but don't cross her. Sweet and sour but yet good. And last, her being Hispanic. It's just what I'm into, lol.

Well there is my traits for the characters I created. Share you thoughts and feel free to do the same about your HA character. Have fun. Love to here from you all.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Very interesting thread!

I think part of why I created Bombshell was to express my frustrations with the international political status quo. Here's a person who, in working for the UN, can showcase all kinds of political matters, but who can also just punch injustice in the face… which people wrapped up in politics can't do quite as often in the real world. So, in that sense she reflects that part of me that gets fed up with inefficient/hypocritical political procedure in the face of injustice and suffering.

Oh, and Aria and I have a similar taste in music :)

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Hmm. Awesome question. 
On the face of it, Chaos and I don't have a lot in common (beyond both being from Australia). There probably is an element of wish fulfilment in her, though. I'm not very fit and I'd love to be as in tune with my physicality as she is. Making a living inventing cool things would be nice, too. :)  Her wealth is essentially for plot reasons, though - it's not something I personally have an interest in.
Her comic (I know, I know. xO) shares my sensibilities: a fairly cynical view of the world but a belief that people are generally decent if given the chance to be. Also a jokey attitude. 

@Abt_Nihil : I find Bombshell a really interesting character - she's a take on 'hero'  that I haven't really seem in the Superhero genre before. Is her series going to resume at some point? 

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

irrevenant wrote:
@Abt_Nihil : I find Bombshell a really interesting character - she's a take on 'hero'  that I haven't really seem in the Superhero genre before. Is her series going to resume at some point?
Thanks a lot! ^_^ And I really want to continue her series ASAP. It's just been a busy year or two…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.