Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm looking to start a new comic jam for We Are The Duck.  Unlike last time where I went on the fly, this time I'm setting a limit of ten pages and will setup a dropbox for the pages and will only start uploading pages when all ten are complete.
What is a comic jam? Well here's the wiki page.

comicjam is a creative process where one or more artists collaborates on drawing or painting one singlecomic. Often the process is that one artist creates the first page, and then another artist creates the second, and a third does the next, and so on.
There is no script that the artists work from, and the content of the comics is improvised. Any given artist working on a comicjam makes a page based solely on what happened on the previous page.

To clarify I'm after 10 volunteers, well nine if I include myself, each to take a page. Once page one is complete it will be up to the person who volunteered to do page two to carry on the story, and then to pass to the next person and so on. 
Ideally each page needs to end with a question or cliffhanger, something for the next creator to pick up and run with. Except the last page, of course.
if possible then it will be one page per person, but if there are a lack of participants then volunteers to do multiple pages will be welcome. 
there are no restrictions on art style or medium, so if you want to use lego, sprites or dress up and photograph yourself, that's fine. 
Unlike the last one, I am NOT going to create the first page, so whomever volunteers for page one first gets to come up with the initial concept. 
As stated the creator of the first page gets to set the theme and some characters, more can be added later. Please no pre existing characters unless in cameo appearances. I say this so there is more freedom for where the story can go and what can happen with the characters. 
The comic rating is Mature, so nothing that would take it to adult please. 
Pages and volunteers.
1. MaskDT DONE
2. Call me Tom DONE
3. Irrevenant DONE
4. Shastab24 DONE
5. Genejoke DONE
6. Brunoharm DONE
7. Kimluster DONE
8. Ayesinback DONE
9. Banes DONE
10. Bravo1102 DONE

Posted at

Okay I'm in.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Would you like to take the first page?

Posted at

I think I'll take the 2nd page.

maskdt
maskdt
Posted at

I've actually got an idea for the first page, so I'll take that one if it's alright.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

That's great consider it yours. I'll PQ you. 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I haven't set a deadline yet. It's tricky as people can't start pages until the one before is done. 
Any particular page or shall I just put you down anywhere?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'll put you as number three.  

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Could I take page 10? I can usually come up with quirky ironic ending if someone else supplies the beginning and middle.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Of course you can bravo.  

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Put me in, but for some page after 5 and before 10 - Extremely busy right now but don't think it'll last too much longer…!!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I put you down for page 7.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

I'll take page 9!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Just two pages to be picked up.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I haven't drawn anything in three years. I'm game. Anything to put off tax return prep.

If that's OK. If yes, page 8 please.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Awesome. One left to go. Currently waiting on the first page to get the ball rolling.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

The first page is complete. The ball is now rolling.

Bruno Harm
Bruno Harm
Posted at

That one open slot looks so sad. I'll do a page If it's still open. What's the Time frame on this?

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Thanks good to have the last slot filled. I'll send you a PM.

Bruno Harm
Bruno Harm
Posted at

How's the Duck Jam coming? I haven't heard anything in a minute. I'm sure it's a slow process.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.