Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Alternative Free Comics Day

KAM
KAM
Posted at

Well, who doesn't like Free Comics, heck as webcartoonists we specialize in them.

The Outhouse has decided to create a site for Alternative Free Comics Day to help publishers who are too small too participate in Free Comic Book Day.

Since the alternative site will be offering free cbz's instead of print copies I think this is a great opportunity for us webcartoonists to offer a 'free comic book' to advertise our webcomics without the expense of printing copies.

In addition to individuals participating, perhaps, a comic for Drunk Duck could be made up, showing samples of the various webcomics hosted here? (How does “Drunk Duck: Free Comics Every Day” sound?)

Posted at

I think that would be a cool idea, and I learned so much from this post. I didn't know about Free Comic book day, and I am really interested in checking out the alternative version. So thanks for sharing!!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Having a Drunk Duck comic is a great idea! Kind of like the old DD anthologies, but digital - that would be super cool. We'd need someone to organize it/put it all together, of course.

KAM
KAM
Posted at

You're welcome, Ashtree. :-)

HippieVan, organize, put it together, & with less than a month to get it done. Yikes! 8-o Not impossible, but figuring out what should go in should be done quickly.

Offhand I'd imagine most of the contents can be a selection of Duck comics submitted by their creators. Preferably comics that are still active.

We'd need someone to create a cover.

Also something telling readers of Drunk Duck, be nice if it could be done comic style, but a text piece would work.

What else would be good for this hypthetical DD comic?

Bruno Harm
Bruno Harm
Posted at

I would start with a DD comic thread. and someone volunteering to put it together, because it's a lot of work.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.