Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Yes, I know Genejoke already has one of these going. :)

We decided to set this new jam rolling before the last one is finished so that any artists who've already done their pages for the other one, or who are waiting for their turn over there and would like to get started on this one can do so. (New artists are welcome also, of course!).

HOW THE COMIC JAM WORKS

A comic jam is a process where artists collaborate on creating a single comic. There is no script, and the content of the comics is improvised based solely on what happened in the previous pages.

One artist creates the first page, then another artist creates the second, and a third does the next, and so on. (If one artist wants to do multiple pages, that's awesome - they just won't be consecutive ones 'cos that kind of defeats the point of the improv. :).

This comic jam will be 12 (EDIT: now 11 (EDIT: Now 10)) pages long.

Same basic rules apply as the last one:

There are no restrictions on style or medium: drawing, photos, 3D, LEGO… go nuts!
    Each page needs to end on a question or cliffhanger so the next artist has something to 'bounce off'. (Except the final page, of course).
    No pre-existing characters from outside the comic jam (characters from other comics, etc.) This is so each artist can feel free to do whatever they want with the characters in their comic jam pages. You absolutely can and should use the original characters that other artists introduce in their own pages of this comic jam.
    Comic rating is Mature, nothing that would take it to Adult, please.

THEME

Like last time it will be up to the first artist to create the initial concept of the comic jam. But to keep things interesting, this time we have an additional theme.

The theme is: Blue.

What does that mean? How should you incorporate that into your page? That's totally up to you! There's no restrictions, and no requirement to use it the same way as previous pages either - the goal is just to work it into your page somehow.

SIGNUPS

Please sign up in this thread and I'll contact you by PM (and/or email if I have it).

PAGES AND VOLUNTEERS

1. Banes *DONE*
2. Ashtree House *DONE*
3. Bravo1102 *DONE*
4. Plymayer *DONE*
5. Genejoke *DONE*
6. Irrevenant *DONE*
7. Szyszka666 *DONE*
8. Nice *DONE*
9. Vinomas's *DONE*
10. Dragonaur *DONE*

Thanks. :)

PUBLISHING

We'll start posting this Comic Jam at We are the Duck as soon as Comic Jam 2 is finished.

UPDATE: There will be another story first to avoid unnecessary pressure.

Posted at

I'm in! I haven't done one before, and I volunteered for the FYC comic jam for the duck awards and still don't quite understand. Well, I do but would like to see it in action. I will do page 2 or 3? Still too scared to take the first hehe

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Well, I'm in. put me down for a page mid way through.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Thanks Genejoke, I've added you in.

Now the question is: Will some brave soul step forward and claim page number one!? :O

EDIT: The other question is: Will some brave souls step forward and claim pages 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12? ;)

Banes
Banes
Posted at

I'll take page one

Posted at

what the heck I'll take page 2.

Dragonaur
Dragonaur
Posted at

I'll take page 12, tho' it sounds just as hard as page 1 would be. ^_^;;

When you say no existing character. Do you mean, no existing character from previous pages of this Jam? Or no existing character from like the beginning of time and space?

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Dragonaur wrote:
I'll take page 12, tho' it sounds just as hard as page 1 would be. ^_^;;

When you say no existing character. Do you mean, no existing character from previous pages of this Jam? Or no existing character from like the beginning of time and space?
Awesome, I pencilled you in for page 12.

The "No existing characters" rule just means that the characters used within the Comic Jam have to be original to the Comic Jam. Absolutely you can and should make use of the characters and situations established by other artists in the comic jam.

You have the last page so you get to bring all that to an epic conclusion. :)

The reason for the rule is that if (for example) I use the character Chaos from my own comic in the Comic Jam then other artists will feel they can only tell stories which remain true to that character. Or alternatively they may have Chaos act wildly out of character. Neither is good. So we exclude existing characters from the comic jam so artists can be absolutely free to take the story in any direction they want.

I'll tweak the original post to make that clearer.

Thanks.:)

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

This sounds pretty dang awesome. And 8 sounds like a nice number. Throw me in for that page :)

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Awesome, just two more slots to fill. \o/

We'll start without waiting for those couple of spots. Hopefully we'll have someone sign up for them before we reach page 5. If not, I may just collapse it down to 10 pages rather than 12. (But… but… an even dozen! v_v) Or take an extra spot myself. We'll play that by ear.

Take it away, Banes! (Unless you're already taking it away. In which case… continue taking it away, I guess?).

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

We have two volunteers for page four, sadly Plymayer was lost in the rush, we will needs to correct this in some shape or form. On the plus side it means one more volunteer than was previously counted.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Workin' on page one! Will endeavor to have it by weekend's end!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Nearly have a full house, awesome.

Szyszka666
Szyszka666
Posted at

Hi,
I can take page 9 if it's still free :)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Woo hoo. One comic jam complete and another with a full line up of contributors.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.