Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do you have a "Sandbox Webcomic"?

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Hello, I am administering a wiki called NOSCOW, or The Network of Open Source Creative Original Works. It was sparked by a twitter conversation between myself and other webcomic creators about the fact that many of us have settings and stories that we let other creators explore or play around with. We saw it as being similar to owning a sandbox and letting other kids play in it, hence the term "Sandbox Webcomic." For example, I have my comic Cosmic Dash, but I now have a canon series of stories written by a fan in my setting, and now I also pay people to create content using my universe.

So NOSCOW is a wiki that lists webcomics that are open to collabs, paid work, fan art and the like, and provides contact information so that creators can get in touch with each other. Additionally we intend to compile a database of Open Source characters and Public Domain/Orphaned Works that creators can use and experiment with. If your comic has a setting you'd be happy letting people explore and create in, on your terms, please consider adding your comic to the list.

Thank you for your time. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

What a wonderful term for that kind of thing! I've already written tomorrow's newspost, but I'll put this in next week's post for you so some more people might see it. :)

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

HippieVan wrote:
What a wonderful term for that kind of thing! I've already written tomorrow's newspost, but I'll put this in next week's post for you so some more people might see it. :)

Thanks very much, if you want more information I am happy to provide what I can.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

This looks really neat. :) I'd be happy to add my comic world/characters to the wiki. I'm wiki-ignorant, so I actually have no idea how. But I'm really open to it. I used to get unsolicited/unexpected fanart (best stuff ever) way back when my world was small, my characters rough, and my art super sad.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

usedbooks wrote:
This looks really neat. :) I'd be happy to add my comic world/characters to the wiki. I'm wiki-ignorant, so I actually have no idea how. But I'm really open to it. I used to get unsolicited/unexpected fanart (best stuff ever) way back when my world was small, my characters rough, and my art super sad.

Go ahead and e-mail me (it's on the wiki) with all the information and I'll handle it.

Hexingale
Hexingale
Posted at

Does web comic strips count? I'd love to put my comic as a sandbox.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.