Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What was the best Valentine you ever got or gave? (keep it classy)

Posted at

And a Valentine doesn't have to be from someone you love romantically. As someone pointed out in my previous thread, platonic love is special too. So what was the best Valentine you got or gave?

Please keep it classy. I think the best Valentine I ever got was from my better half not because of what it was, but because it was so unexpected so that's what made it special. He sent me flowers with a message while he was on a business trip. It really made my day.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

My man showed up where I worked wearing a full Elvis Jumpsuit and sang me a few songs in front of everyone else (probably 100+ people - the place shut down while he was there). He'd arranged ahead of time for music and sound and he's a very good singer so it was really incredible! The last song he pulled out a stuffed teddy bear for me, making all the other ladies cry and growl at their guys when they got home!!

I can't top that, so I don't never even try lol

Of course, he's never topped it either… He says that one valentine was worth like a dozen Valentines so lately it's like, "Hey Babe, Happy Valentine! Here's you a Reeces' Cup!"

Posted at

KimLuster wrote:
My man showed up where I worked wearing a full Elvis Jumpsuit and sang me a few songs in front of everyone else (probably 100+ people - the place shut down while he was there). He'd arranged ahead of time for music and sound and he's a very good singer so it was really incredible! The last song he pulled out a stuffed teddy bear for me, making all the other ladies cry and growl at their guys when they got home!!

Of course, he's never topped it either… He says that one valentine was worth like a dozen Valentines so lately it's like, "Hey Babe, Happy Valentine! Here's you a Reeces' Cup!"

That is beautiful. You are a lucky person.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

mks_monsters wrote:
KimLuster wrote:

That is beautiful. You are a lucky person.

Thanks, and yes I am… Finally!! (certain horrendous past relationships shall remain unspoken…)

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

I don't think I have received or given anything remarkable for Valentine's.

But, I remember once I got together with a few friends who were as single as me, and we ask out a group of female friends, who were also single and dateless, and we made a group date. We went to eat and watch a movie. It was a great time. No pressure to impress or compete for attention.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Never had a "valentine" and never will. But I have fantastic Singles' Awareness Day parties with my friends. We usually marathon shonen anime and eat snack food.

When I was growing up, my parents would have flowers delivered to school. It would have been embarrassing if I was the least bit social, but I didn't mind. Kinda weird in retrospect. Lol. (My parents mean well.) In college, they'd send me packages at holidays, so that was always great.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You know, I can't really remember all my valentines. I never liked the tradition back in the day, I considered it a twee American commercial import so I was always in two minds about cards and letters and things that I got.
-Grumble, grinch, grumble.

I don't care about the commercial aspect anymore, but I'm not in relationships where I do valentines now. :)

I can't remember the best but the most recent was a few years ago, I drew some groovy pics for some people as a fun thing. Not really that romantic but it made me produce some art I liked :D

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I too can't recall much in the way of valentines gifts, least not much from boyfriends or anything. BUT this Valentine's day, I've treated myself to an event at the Sea Life aquarium in London where you come in after the place shuts down and drink bubbly. I look forward to being the only single person there, brood like a dark cloud in the corner, clad in my leather and stinky denim among the fishies. Watching. Ever watching. It'll be fun!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The wifey keeps some of the ones I've done for her on the refrigerator. Domestic married life. One is simply red construction paper cut into the shape of a heart. Another is a graphic of a beveled heart a la I Love Lucy. Then there are a few featuring cartoons of our stuffed animals.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

That is cute! Lookit that Bravo, y'romantic ole' dog. Didnt know ya had it in ya!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

This year I coined a new word. "Bunnification" which means the state of warm fuzzies received from happy animals (Not just bunnies)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.