Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

GIMP program

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

Hi, I don’t know if anyone else had this problem, but the latest update for windows no longer lets you draw on photoshop, it will move the image and not let you actually draw. :( ( I recently started drawing directly on the tablet because I was getting to upset with messing up the drawing on paper and trying to redraw)

Anyways I looked around and recently downloaded gimp which I know has been around for a long time. So there a lot I have to learn. does anyone use this program? I think it supports photoshop brushes and patterns.

Any tips or tricks to using it? Similarities to photoshop? Or a good place for tutorials?

Btw I hope I put this in the right section

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

Thank you did much, trying to learn a new program can be draining . And it’s the actual surface pen itself. It will move the image around but won’t draw on it. I love my surface pen but I may have to change to trying to get an iPad Pro and a new program that runs on it . But for now cause gimp seems to be able to open my workspace and use the same patters and pens it’s all I can hope for now

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

Every few months or inevitably one of my artist friends wakes up to find their tablets not working due to a new Windows 10 update. So unless you're on a Mac, I would assume Microsoft is to blame and not GIMP, Adobe, Wacom, etc.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.