Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What happened in Toronto...

Posted at

It should not have happened and hits me close to home because I happen to be Canadian. I take a lot of pride in living in one of the friendliest countries on Earth and to hear about an event in which a van is the murder weapon in a mass attack makes me sick. Car accidents and such happen all the time, but who has it in their heart to mow down people with their car on purpose? It's heart wrenching. It's not enough we have school shootings, criminals are now getting more creative in how they hurt other people?

Attacks like this should not become the new normal in any part of the world. If you suspect someone has dangerous tendencies, report it. Better to be a snitch than to hold your piece and wish you said something after other people paid the price. I really hope proper justice is served because there is no excuse for intentionally running over one person with your car let alone a whole group.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Apparently he was part of a group that call themselves "Incel" or something. They're young men who are angry about not being able to have sex because they can't work out how to chat up women? I'm not sure, it sounds like a weird idea to base a group on. It makes them so angry they think it justifies murder.
There was an American guy that ran down people for the same reason last year I think.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

When I first heard of Incel, I thought they had to be something meant to be ironic like Flying Spaghetti Monster. That can't possibly be a real thing! But yeah, apparently it is. Messed up people will always find some banner to congregate under. Take away religion, take away politics, take away economics, it doesn't matter.

I think there's a lot of free floating anger out there in the world. If there's one thing we can all do to try to make things better, it's try to foster friendliness and understanding within the small orbits we occupy. Even if it doesn't stop bad things from happening, we can at least genuinely say we're not contributing.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I lived through a lot of that, even the desire to externalize the anguish and pain but I sought therapy instead.

And studies (and anecdotal data) indicate that most people can chat up the opposite sex, but it's their own perceptions of failure that is the problem. Some of us have been there and fought and clawed our way out of it.

When I was there we used to call it "the Lonely Guy" club.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't understand the connection with violence though.
I get being sexually frustrated and lonely etc,I think we've all been there, men AND women, but wanting to murder because of it? How does that make any sense?

I can't see that a person who wants to kill other people that they also want to have sex with would make a desirable partner in any sense.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Makes them creepy, because it seeps out even if never spoken. So it gets harder to get dates because you're creepy.

Smile more, obsess less and let yourself enjoy the moment. Lots of issues needing therapy.

Feelings and perception aren't often logicalor reasonable. Another reason Cognitive behavioural therapy can be so effective.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Since they're so murderous maybe it's a natural and normal thing that no one wants to have sex with them? :)

If they COULD get a partner they're probably be abusive.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

INCEL is the unwanted child of Feminism and the False Church. The child that hates both its parents.

I've been on the board and immersed myself in their ideology for a couple weeks.

Predominantly atheist. Thinks all religion has been cucked except for Islam. Burning hatred for both Feminism and Christianity. Willing to have unholy alliance with Islam. Some posts believe women shouldnt have been given rights in the 1st place. And things like "If God exists, I'm gonna shoot him in the face for creating me to be INCEL!!!"

Have a similar ideology to Nazis except they flip it around and call THEMSELVES subhuman filth. Absolute hatred for themselves for being at the bottom of the barrel (either legitimately or due to mental insecurities)… and absolute hatred for society that has disrespected and shafted them.

Valid argument on this superficial society in where looks and height matter if you wanna get anywhere in this life… and how feminism has ruined relationships by turning women into angry people who hate men and have a chip on their shoulder. Similar to MGTOW but on a more extremist level.

Yes looks and height matter. If you're under 5'8 in this society, you won't get any respect not just from women but from other men as well.

I'm 5'6… and I had to growl and glare at so many people in many places I've worked at because they tried to bully me because I look weak. Only reason they back off is because I have pent up aggression inside me (from being a veteran of multiple fistfights in my country the Philippines growing up… fistfights mostly a result of defending myself from bullies over beef that needed to be settled.) that if I manifest it, I can intimidate even guys who outweigh me by 50 lbs. The fact that I look weak is the main reason why I decided to join an MMA gym and train and condition my body and knuckles in case I have to fight again.

What separates me from an INCEL is the fact that I'm not self-defeatist. Yes I have bad genes. I'm naturally weaker than most men that I probably should have been born female. I have girly looking hands. I've also been a victim of bullying and child abuse and had a very high rejection rate from women I tried to approach… until I met my wife but during the time I was trying to court her, I went for the direct approach and honestly didnt care if she rejected me or not. Was even expecting her to reject me and verbally abuse me in the process. lol

I fight and go through life with what I got. If I was in a battlefield and only had a pistol and I was up against superior numbers and weapons, I'm the type who would fight to the death. So what if I'm gonna die and get killed. No surrender. I have that never surrender attitude which most INCELs don't have.

But I do understand where they're coming from and I pity them because they're the product of a society that has turned away from God and lifted up sex as an idol.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Since they're so murderous maybe it's a natural and normal thing that no one wants to have sex with them? :)

If they COULD get a partner they're probably be abusive.

Yup, they clearly want to believe women and society are they problem rather than their attitudes.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Like Wahabi Islam and Evangelical Christianity they are part of the fundamentalist faith driven backlash against the Enlightenment. In other words, ignorance is these folks' false idol in the name of a deity. Humanists and atheists don't worship sex. There are hedonists who worship sex who also are quite religious.

When asked what they have faith in; Americans will say God whereas in Scandinavian countries they say themselves. Humanism, faith in man and yourself rather an imaginary old man in the sky who is more concerned with my sex life than disease and war. If this us truly His creation his favorite form of life is not man, but beetles and bacteria.

And height is no advantage. Try getting called gawk and constantly disparaged for having long legs and the fine hands of an artist. Then they see the calluses and the art. Good at working same details rather than effeminate. Been there. Now if only I had gone to the same high school as my major tormenter. She had had a crush on me the whole time. Jokes on me. Those love letters I got in high school may not have been the cruel jokes my own lack of faith in myself insisted.

Posted at

Back in my day, we would have fucked him up. Took in the back of a dumpster and iced that guy. Now, I'm a virgin. But guess what? That's. By. Choice. Was I frustrated? Yeah, I'd admit. But again…guess what. I practiced an ancient martial arts created by the Greatest Master of Sun Tzu, and Doug Walker-sama called, "I-Don't-Give-A-FU". It's very lethal and only the trained pro can harness this martial art! :P

It's a shame this guy had to transform into a goddamn asswipe and murder people…because he can't get sex?

And not only that, this ass-shit actually call"s himself a "Superior Gentleman?" WTF? So we have a population of Elliot Rogers? By god! That's bad! These guys think sex is everything! They think it means love? How old are these guys? 13?

6?

My god on a totem pole, they are EXTREMELY DESPERATE FOR HOLE! Ladies, if you are reading this, arm yourself with a big fat NOPE and run! These guys are insane! They are crazier than Nazis….they are GentleNazis - the worst Nazis ever! Worst than Feminazis, and Grammar Nazis!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

MegaRdaniels wrote:

My god on a totem pole, they are EXTREMELY DESPERATE FOR HOLE! Ladies, if you are reading this, arm yourself with a big fat NOPE and run! These guys are insane! They are crazier than Nazis….they are GentleNazis - the worst Nazis ever! Worst than Feminazis, and Grammar Nazis!
They're almost as bad as the NKVD or Stavka!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.