Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Can we not create new comics anymore?

Posted at

Is this not a thing anymore on The Duck? I see no 'create' button, and can't find any way to create a new webcomic on the site. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Where did the "create " tab on the header bar go?

Posted at

I have no idea where the tab is. I'll show you a screencap of what I'm seeing.

dpat57
dpat57
Posted at

I created a comic yesterday! I found the "create" option down at the bottom of the page. Maybe there wasn't room for it at the top, what with the comments and replies buttons being added.

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

A new design for the site cannot come soon enough… yeah it's been shoved to the bottom! I understand the defunct store being down there but the publication option is kinda important to y'know, get more comics to host here!!

I don't know why we don't have a "create new comic" option in our control panel even! The interface is like an easter egg hunt sometimes and that's just bad design. I love this site but things like this drive me NUTS.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Aha! That's where it's hiding. You know a couple of other comic hosts make you search around for create options. They blare about what comics are there and how easy it is to read but you need to scan the page two or three times to find where to go to add your own work.

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Which ones if I may inquire? Smackjeeeves, Tapas, Webtoons, Comicfury all have their publish options right up at the top. Comic Genesis maybe? Because CG is kind of a hot mess in more ways than that! (I completely forgot they existed for a moment there!)

Posted at

oh wow it is at the bottom! thanks guys. :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It was always weird to have it in the top bar, but I THOUGHT we had it on the user profile page! I was shocked to find there are no options for it there. That's the logical place.

There's a very expensive but minor update happening soon where we're putting advertising back so I don't have to pay for the sit out of my own pocket anymore, and there will be a giant "Create Comic" link on the profile page.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's DONE now. Check out your profile page!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.