Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Discussion on future tech and society - Monday Musing - Brain-Computer Interface viruses!

Posted at

Here's the topic for today - please share your thoughts in a comment!

I've already heard talk about pacemakers being hacked, so yes, I am worried about this. My main concern is that it always seems like IoT (Internet of Things) companies have security as last on their list if it is on it at all, which makes no sense to me. I believe that IF they took it seriously, the problem would be controllable, but as things now stand I would seriously want to consider not having a wireless capacity of any kind on any BCI I might eventually opt to get in order to at least stop some of the problem, and that might not be enough. I pretty much am not allowing my brain of all things to be messed with if I can help it at all, which would definitely include not getting a BCI unless for some medical reason I had to. This is a shame, since I realize a BCI could also do a lot of good - but not at the risk of my life and health.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Unless we have security based on quantum computing it will always been an issue.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Even then I'd say.someone will do Nd a way to make a protection racket out of it.

Posted at

Well, I hope people will make sure it's relatively safe before using it, but if history is any guide it won't catch on if it's manifestly unsafe.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

sunseeker25 wrote:
Well, I hope people will make sure it's relatively safe before using it, but if history is any guide it won't catch on if it's manifestly unsafe.
People complain about government things being shoddy, but it brings standardisation, regulation and stability.
If it was approached in that way it'd be easier to secure it.
Private industry just races to market before things are finished and then adds fixes in the field, then completely abandons the tech after 2 years and forces everyone to upgrade.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.