Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Secret Santa 2018

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

This isn't usually my project, but I always participate, and I feel like the late start last year led to lower participation than usual, so I figured I'd put this out there, and if someone else wants to take the reins, I'm happy to step aside.

~~~

How Secret Santa works:

~Reply to this thread with your gift request before the end of sign-up deadline.
~When sign-ups close, everyone is assigned a secret random assignment via PQ.
~You will have until Christmas (at least a few weeks lead time) to complete your assigned gift and present it on a gift thread (to be posted later).
~Any gifts not completed by the deadline will be reassigned to a volunteer on the DWC (dead weight committee).

~If you need more time, you will need to contact the organizer (me, I guess) before the deadline or be labeled as "deadweight" and have your assignment reassigned. (Deadweight will not be permitted to participate next year.)

~~~

Timeline:

Sign-ups: Now to December 1st
Assignments: December 3rd
Gift Deadline: December 25th

DWC Assigned: December 26th
DWC Deadline: January 1st

~~~

To participate, reply here with your request (can be as specific or vague as you want). If asking for art of a particular character, links to good reference art/pages are helpful.

Also please let me know if You are interested in being part of the DWC. We had no deadweight last year, btw, so no one is banned.

~~~

Participants:

usedbooks:
A picture of one or more Used Books characters celebrating the holidays with one or more of my Secret Santa's original characters. UB character references: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?page_id=41

Call Me Tom:
No request. – DWC

Niccea:
I want Christmas themed art featuring Mystery Bread and Bagel Boy.

Genejoke:
A 90s style Christmas themed image of the artists character(s) – DWC

GearDrag0n:
I'll take a pic of one of my characters celebrating the holidays with a character of your choosing.

Banes:
Some of my characters (they appear on the top banner of my comic) being Christmassy in whatever way you choose

Emevsa:
As for characters? We're not fussy as to who you pick. Anyone in our comic who suits your fancy. :)

fallopiancrusader:
My request is Kit from Mindfold dressed up as a member of ABBA

Albino Ginger:
My request is a picture of some of my characters celebrating the holidays.

Tantz_Aerine:
I want in too! My request is fanart of the Without Moonlight cast, please!

darrell:
My request is fanart for my comic, the Bluenoser.

UltimateZ:
My request is something Christmasy for my comic Dead Leon.

cdmalcolm1:
I would love to have Fan art for SolarCell's comic. OR Simply Have SolarCell Handing out Candycanes to your characters in Santa Hats. Surprise Me.

mks_monsters:
Hyde and Lucy kissing under the mistletoe. What can I say? I am a romantic.

JaymonRising:
My request is this image of Jim and Shawn but looking 65% more 80sish, please. https://m.imgur.com/a/EHyaZSB Here's a coloured reference of them just in case: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Jands/5445069/

ashtree house:
I have no request in particular, just something festive!!

Posted at

Can I sign up to give art but now receive anything in return?
Plus willing to do DWC.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Call Me Tom wrote:
Can I sign up to give art but now receive anything in return?
Plus willing to do DWC.
That would throw off the numbers, I think. But you are certainly welcome to be a mystery gift elf and give a bonus gift. :) And can definitely be DWC.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I actually like how this project rarely has the same organizer twice.

I want Christmas themed art featuring Mystery Bread and Bagel Boy.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Count me in, DWC as well.

My request? A 90s style Christmas themed image of the artists character(s)

GearDrag0n
GearDrag0n
Posted at

I guess I'll join in,
I'll take a pic of one of my characters celebrating the holidays with a character of your choosing.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Some of my characters (they appear on the top banner of my comic) being Christmassy in whatever way you choose

Emevsa
Emevsa
Posted at

We're up for it!

As for characters? We're not fussy as to who you pick. Anyone in our comic who suits your fancy. :)

Posted at

I’m InXD My request is a picture of some of my characters celebrating the holidays.

Posted at

I want in too! My request is fanart of the Without Moonlight cast, please!

darrell
darrell
Posted at

I'd like to join in on the fun. My request is fanart for my comic, the Bluenoser.

UltimateZ
UltimateZ
Posted at

I would love to participate. My request is something Christmasy for my comic Dead Leon.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

One of my favorite time of year here on the duck. It's a shame this could not win an award for best community project. maybe next year.

Okay. I would love to have Fan art for SolarCell's comic. OR Simply Have SolarCell Handing out Candycanes to your characters in Santa Hats. Surprise Me.

Posted at

On one hand I didn't want to bring these characters out of retirement. But on the other hand Toy Story 3 was supposed to be the last and Clint Eastwood wasn't going to direct and star in his own movies anymore, so what the hail?

My request is this image of Jim and Shawn but looking 65% more 80sish, please. https://m.imgur.com/a/EHyaZSB Happy Holidays! ^^

Posted at

JaymonRising wrote:
On one hand I didn't want to bring these characters out of retirement. But on the other hand Toy Story 3 was supposed to be the last and Clint Eastwood wasn't going to direct and star in his own movies anymore, so what the hail?

My request is this image of Jim and Shawn but looking 65% more 80sish, please. https://m.imgur.com/a/EHyaZSB Happy Holidays! ^^

Oh, sorry for forgetting to add this, but if it's not too late, here's a coloured reference of them just in case: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Jands/5445069/ cheers.

Posted at

Woo, I made it! I was worried I missed it!! I will draw participate, I am not super active on here but will check for this!!

I have no request in particular, just something festive!!

Thanks~~

Posted at

Add me as a backup if someone can't deliver. I wanted to join in but I was working too many hours/days. X-mas rush at work is over so I'll have time now.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.