Posted at

Hey, everyone!

I'm George, and I joined up around the beginning of the month to share a project I'm working on (as I go). While I'm an experienced indie-film composer, I originally had a passion for filmmaking and, like most others who love filmmaking, I never had the resources to actually do that (although that's not to say I didn't use whatever crude medium I could in the meantime).

During my 20s, I had a strong anime obsession and attempted to pick up illustration (and sucked quite horribly at it). Then, over the course of the past couple years, I decided to just keep illustrating until I start to un-suck at it and - since then - have gotten to at least a point where I'm happy with the progress made thus far.

So as my practice project - Ray Glider and the Shadow Wolf - follows an original character I based in a fictional alternative-1940s, intended for a series to chronicle the exploits of reformed sugar-glider thief Ray Glider when he is conscripted to be a government spy. This being the first story of the series, Ray is asked to follow a shipment of stolen military-grade parts to its mysterious buyer to ascertain who it is and what the plan is to do with them. What's more is when he learns that his brother, Jacob Glider, is entangled in the villain's operation.

Using Gravit.IO to do the character vector art for each panel, Clara.IO to model my own 3D sets for some locations, Google Images for additional backgrounds, and Pixlr Editor to composite everything together, this has proven to be quite the fun challenge, and I hope everyone finds it enjoyable.

I'll post an update here when a new chapter is completed. I waited until I had the first page of Chapter 2 finished and uploaded before posting this so that there would be at least something to read for the opening.

Enjoy!