Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Drunk Duck Awards 2020 - Volunteer Sign-ups

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

The Drunk Duck Awards is only able to happen every year because of the dedication of the volunteers. If you have some spare time during August and September, please consider volunteering to help out the awards.  Here are the two most common positions, what they entail, and how to sign up (different rules for each one.) You can take an as many volunteering duties as you want. No artistic or judging skills necessary. 

Presenter

Do you like being in the spotlight? Do you want the everyone to see your art? If so, being a presenter is right for you. The presenters will have the months of August and September to create their presentation pages for the awards.  

Structure
The presentation pages need to have the nominees for the award, and leave a space for the name of the winner to be placed on the page. Some people leave a white space at the bottom and others leave speech bubbles. Either way it is up to you. The only rule regarding the presentation pages is that they have to be viewable by everyone. So, keep the pages PG at the worst and no slanderous/insulting remarks against other users/comics. 

There are two ways to sign up to be a presenter this year. Whichever way you sign up to be a presenter please state if you want to do more than one page and any likes or dislikes for the categories. We will try to accommodate.  You can either PQ me or email me at niccea(at)gmail(dot)com. Please include “Presenter Signup” in the subject line. You can also sign up on this thread.

….

Judge 

Do you like telling other people what you think? Do you quietly observe comics like a stalker in the corner? Consider judging. The judges are the heart and soul of the awards. It is up to them to decide the winners from each category. This is also done during the months of August and September.

Structure
Judges, though they are not expected to be professional art critics, are required to put some thought behind their decision. The best way for judges to show this is to do a pro and con comparison of the nominees. Though anything is all right as long as it is easy to see that some thought went into picking the winner. Judges are only responsible for reading the last 2 years' worth of comics for the nominees. (July 2018 – August 2020). The only exception to this is the Best Completed Comic where the judges are encouraged to read the entire comic.

PQ or email me or post here. You will also need to join the brand-spanking new Discord Server

Other Opportunities

If you wish to contribute in any other way, please let me know here or by PQ. Extra pages are always accepted. Do what you do best.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I'm happy to judge a few categories. (Three is good to start. I like the focused/technical awards rather than genre stuff.) I can help with judge-wrangling and doing some back-up if you'd like.

Not sure I can handle a presentation this year.

Posted at

Count me in too. I'll take the standard three categories.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm in. 3 categories works great for me as well. I'll take any presentation, and will take on more if required.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I sent a PQ, but I will repeat it here.

I'll do as many presentations as you'll let me. My record is eight and I'll do more if necessary. Hopefully I can get in some behind the scenes and general hosting pages.

I'll judge the usual three categories and others as needed just not the artistic ones, it's not my specialty.

Posted at

I'll volunteer as a presenter. One page for any category is good enough for me, but just in case you need someone to cover for one or two more, just let me know.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

I’m available for presentations too! Four or five I can handle but in a pinch I’ll do more. I can’t compete with bravo’s eight!

Posted at

I'll sign up to present a page. Don't know if I'll be any good tho.

Posted at

I’m up for judging. I can do three categories. I don’t know anything about superheroes or manga, so I probably wouldn’t be the best expert on those genres.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I could judge three categories, and do one presentation.

(can't remember if I volunteered already. Everything's a blur!)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Good afternoon! Volunteer assignments are going out now. Please let me know if you didn't get anything from me. People were signing up in several different places, but I think I got everything.

As things stand. I have 7 more presentations up for grabs, though there are a couple of people that said they can do more presentations in a pinch, I wanted to open it up to other volunteers first.

Also, in the same vein, I would love to have 6 additional judges to the ones that I already have signed up. All judges do have to join our new Awards Discord server.

Thanks!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

@everyone Welcome to the end of the awards cycle. My intention is to start the ceremony if we have enough winners and presentations to display them in two weeks. I have 10 more slots for judging and 3 orphan presentations.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I can judge a couple more categories.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Are we still in the same position roughly? I would have promoted this in a Newspost had it occurred to me.

I can take an orphan presentation. When I get it done I’ll check back for another if needed.

Posted at

I volunteer to judge a few categories (up to three), and I can write a post about this to magnify the message.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.