Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How did you spend your new years eve and new years day?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I know CoVid-19 around the world has put a damper on a lot of people's plans…

We didn't have that issue in my state of Western Austraia because we wiped out CoVid-19 many months ago and closed all the borders to everyone else, hahaha!
So you could go out and do what you wanted.
BUT I absoloutely didn't feel like that.
I had offers and oportunities but all I wanted to do was stay home.

So I watched the end of the US Office, which was relly touching and nice. And I sewed new lace onto my 18th centry style white tricorn hat. I felt wonderful and calming. The best I've felt on any new years for ages!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I visited my brother for NYE. We are both living alone and super isolated (he's been house-sitting for my parents since January 2020; they were supposed to return last April, lol). We played Dragon Quest XI all day. But I had to leave at three to get home before dark/traffic.

Woke up NYD with a migraine and in clumsy mode all day. So, I couldn't do any cooking or heavy chores, and I couldn't even work on my comic. I spent the day in my recliner watching Murder She Wrote and playing Stardew Valley on my phone.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I took off the week after Christmas, pretty much moped and watched old movies on YouTube trying to get motivated to get back to updating the comic.

New Years Day I worked and it was so slow I spent the time binge watching Fairy Tail. It's a stupid kind of fun that can inspire and motivate me. Back to work on Monday.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Did some errands to prepare for work on the afternoon of the 31st - then worked until the evening and went home. They say what you're doing at NYE midnight will be what you do all year, so I thought I should be doing something creative, like writing a new story or working on an old one. But I was cooking chicken. I guess that'll be my 2021…

New Year's Day watched lots of YouTube, took a short walk and went to a friend's small gathering. Very chill. Later the wine came out and I drank lots of it. I rarely do this so I was worried about how sick I'd be the next day (wine is insidious). Woke up early and refreshed though! Praise the New Years' Gods! Or…spirits?

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

Happy Near Year!

That hat looks pretty epic :D

On New Years Eve I walked to the store and got two mini bottles of champagne. Hubs does not drink champagne and I didn't want to have have a bottle to myself (for the record I would have DESTROYED a whole one, just didn't want to get stupid drunk), so I got mini ones.

I was very lazy on New Year's Day too. It was rainy, cold, and I had no where to be, so I slept uber-late, and played a lot of Candy Crush. Hubs had to work so I was alone. Drank my other mini champagne and made frozen crab-cakes and a salad for the week…

In other words, living that introvert dream!

I also can't seem to stop buying naughty foods…Target now has Cadbury mini-eggs!!

rickrudge
rickrudge
Posted at

I’m an old fart, so my wife and I normally have a light-weight new years eve, anyway. This time, we ate store-bought frozen pizza. Later, we sat in the living room watching old “Justified” episodes on the DVD and had a nice long kiss at midnight and listened to all of the fireworks.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.