Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

hpkomic's update thread (formerly: "Return of the Old")

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Hello,

My name is David, and I've been with the site since 2006(!). In a pang of nostalgia, I have decided to actively update a few of m comics on here again. I have some of my oldest work archived here, but I also wanted to start including some of my contemporary stuff. For now, they're mirrors, but there are at least 10 pages on each one, and I plan to update them every week. I've just not figured out a schedule or number of updates yet, given I have hundreds of comics to upload.

As for the comics, you can check out my expansive sci-fi adventure series called Cosmic Dash. There are well over 400 pages across the series, including the anthology series. I also have written many stories and a novella set in the universe of the comic. I am just posting the archive of the ongoing series here on The Duck.

The other comic is a strip I mostly run on Twitter called RGBots, but this archive should be great for anyone who doesn't want to hop on Twitter. The comic has a papercraft style and features three cute robots who say horrible things to one another. The comic is currently on a hiatus for a bit, but with over 200 strips, I should be updating the mirror for quite a while.

I am looking forward to getting back into the community, and I am sure a few of the old-timers here will recognize me instantly. For the folks I don't know, hello, and I hope you'll check out my comics, both old and new.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I've decided to use this thread as a log of updates to my comics here on The Duck. I am currently archiving material here, but eventually we'll catch up to the material on my official websites.

The latest RGBots strip on The Duck is based on trending news a while back about COVID-19 and Smash Mouth. The original comic was released in August of 2020.

I finished posting Vol. 1 Ep. 1 of Cosmic Dash by adding the final six pages. Check them out starting here. Thursday, I will be posting the first pages of Vol. 1 Ep. 2.

Silver Spiral Stories will update with another batch next week.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

lothar wrote:
Cool

Thanks Lothar.

The second issue of Cosmic Dash is now starting on The Duck. I uploaded five pages today, starting here. Please enjoy. We're still a ways from being current with the website.

As for RGBots, here is a comic that I put together shortly after Herman Cain died and his Twitter account decided to Tweet about COVID not being dangerous.

Herman Cain died of COVID. Go figure.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.