Tips and Tricks/Support

Racing: Correa returns, 20 months after tragic accident that killed fellow driver
geemong at 1:02AM, May 9, 2021
(offline)
Racing: Correa returns, 20 months after tragic accident that killed fellow driver

Racing driver Juan Manuel Correa considers he is more “crazy than brave” as he returned to ทางเข้า slotxo the Grand Prix circuit on Saturday (May 8), 20 months after being involved in the accident that killed his friend Anthoine Hubert.

The Ecuadorean-born 21-year-old suffered terribly, both physically and mentally, after the Formula 2 crash at Spa-Francorchamps that claimed Hubert's life, and changed his own irrevocably.

“It will define and has defined who I am,” he told AFP candidly this week in Barcelona ahead of his comeback in the season-opening Spanish Formula 3 Grand Prix.

“I always say there was a Juan Manuel Correa before the crash and there will always be a Juan Manuel Correa after the crash.”

He has had to make his peace with his role in the tragedy when his out-of-control-car collided with Hubert's in Belgium on Aug 31, 2019.

“You feel like you have blood on your hands, which is something I never thought I would feel in my life, but it never came to a point where I was feeling guilty.

”I was just feeling in shock like: I killed my friend, it's nobody's fault but it happened. It was a very creepy feeling.“

Correa suffered severe leg fractures. He underwent a 17-hour operation and spent more than two weeks in an induced coma.

”My right leg got stuck inside of the cockpit, and it was kind of bent the wrong way, like a doll nearly."

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+