What are the things from your background that have influenced your comic work? What are the events, images, situations, lessons, film, music, people, ideologies, and experiences that have served as your creative fuel? This is what I wanted to know about for this Quackcast, so we have various DD comic artists describing the inspiration fuel cells that power their work.
Listen to QUACKCAST Episode - 54 Creative backgrounds, under the influence
Topics and show Notes
1946 - http://www.drunkduck.com/1946/
Joseph - http://www.drunkduck.com/Joseph/
Genejoke's inspirational pics in the influences and background thread:
- Ayesinback - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/ayesinback/
She's a maker- wanting to create, mainly because she can do it better than what she can get. Comics are a way to explore whimsical ideas and fancies, redirecting her creative imperative.
- NickyP - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/NickyP/
Real life situations are what drives his work.
- PIT_FACE - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/PIT_FACE/
The cover of a Judge Dread comic she saw as a child was a strong influence.
- Genejoke - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Genejoke/
Growing up in the 80s, horror movie monsters, RPGs, Scifi and fantasy, games, and a whole range of visual inspiration and popculture.
- Abt_Nihil - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Abt_Nihil/
Philosophy, politics, ideology, great films and anime and bodaciously sexy women
- RPGgrenade - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/RPGgrenade/
Clever, funny tropes from anime and manga and the whole convoluted culture of competitive bar-tending, mixology, and cocktails.
- Ozoneocean - http://www.drunkduck.com/user/ozoneocean/
Glam rock, Tank Girl, Gem and the holograms and battleships are things I mention.
Contributions needed for Quackcast 55 - Genres revisited
- Here: http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174831/
What are your favourite webcomic genres and why do you like them?
What makes them so cool and interesting to you?
Whether it's the genre you like to read or create in, I want to know what makes it so special!