Moonlight meanderer
jurbas
jurbas
Posted at

I hate them!

Why?

3 Reasons:

1. No sane person can believe it

2. The insane people that believe it should no that you shouldn't know when you die

3. The VERY insane peoplethat actually look may take it seriously and if they DO NOT die before it says so they MAY feel like it was their time and (hopefully not but it's probable) kill themselves.(It has happened before after people visit psychics or do those damn oujie[however you spell it] boards

There they should be banned!

Discuss!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

…This seems more of a rant than a debate Jurbus, there is the rant thread you know ;)

Maybe you want to think of the other side and present an argument in support…? Otherwise this'll just be rants against an advertising method and you may as well do that in General Discussion.

Posted at

I love pop ups! I never want to see them go away! I want even more of them!

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I've often wondered about this though… Does internet advertising really work? Do people click on car insurance ads while reading a comic on Drunk Duck? Does anyone really think they'll get an iPhone by shooting those easy-to-hit ducks?

I kind of wonder how much longer this stuff will last. It seems like this kind of advertising would lose potency and people would stop investing in it.

Posted at

Does anyone really think they'll get an iPhone by shooting those easy-to-hit ducks?

Well, I am still waiting on the seventh or eighth one they promised me…

Are you saying there are dishonest internet advertisers!?!

Say it isn't so!

horseboy
horseboy
Posted at

I've often wondered about this though… Does internet advertising really work? Do people click on car insurance ads while reading a comic on Drunk Duck? Does anyone really think they'll get an iPhone by shooting those easy-to-hit ducks?

I kind of wonder how much longer this stuff will last. It seems like this kind of advertising would lose potency and people would stop investing in it.
Well, much like junk mail, if it didn't work, people wouldn't be doing it. When it comes to Pop-ups, the P.T. Barnum rule is in full effect.

jurbas
jurbas
Posted at

they seem to appear alot, it annoys me alot.
I also hate junk mail alot!

(this comment will make no sense when horseboy changes his quote at the bottom)

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

I used to hate pop-ups, but with the "Firefox" browser and the adblock extension i haven't seen a pop-up in years.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I used to hate pop-ups, but with the "Firefox" browser and the adblock extension i haven't seen a pop-up in years.

Same here.

Posted at

All of the pop-ups I have ever encountered are scams. For example, those ads promising to tell you who your crush is if you send them you phone number so they can flood your phone with premium spam. It says so in the fine print (I think). Anyone who truely belives shooting 20 ducks or slapping a sumo belly will win you a free iPhone shouldn't be allowed to handle sharp objects without adult supervision.

Posted at

Seven days…

A week? That's all I have to live?!

I WILL NEVER BE LOVED!!
Seven weeks? No, that's not enough.

Months? No…

Years? Uh…

Decades. You'll get some in seventy years. And then immediately die.

Posted at

Seven days…

A week? That's all I have to live?!

I WILL NEVER BE LOVED!!
Seven weeks? No, that's not enough.

Months? No…

Years? Uh…

Decades. You'll get some in seventy years. And then immediately die.

Shplane doesn't just want sex. Shplane could find hookers for that. Shplane wants to be wuvved…

Back on topic though, I don't get popups. My computer's just too awesome for that.

Also it has a thing that blocks them. I can't remember just which program it is though.

Posted at

Nah, I use good ol' fashion Interweb Exploratizer. The one blocking stuff is either my McAfee, Spybot, or some other program that I forgot about. It might just be some setting on my Interwebnet Extrapolater its self.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Is anyone else getting tired about how snarky people who use Firefox are to people who don't? If someone has an anti-spyware program that blocks popups, they don't feel the need to tell anyone, but if you've got Firefox? Watch out, 'cuz there's a goddamn Fox protecting you… with FIRE!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I have a monkey that protects me, with sea…
not Ink or skool though lol!

Posted at

Is anyone else getting tired about how snarky people who use Firefox are to people who don't? If someone has an anti-spyware program that blocks popups, they don't feel the need to tell anyone, but if you've got Firefox? Watch out, 'cuz there's a goddamn Fox protecting you… with FIRE!

Hell yes, mac users do it too. 'YOU USE WINDOWS VIRUSES HURF DURF!'

I use Interweb Lookarounder and I ain't seen no pop ups for ages.

Posted at

I'm joking anyway. I was just wondering if your program was Firefox. People assumed I was converting you to my sacred doctrine.

Nintendude
Nintendude
Posted at

I agree pop-ups suck.
I sometimes close druckduck while closing a pop-up ad at the same time.
Curse you double clicking.

WriterX
WriterX
Posted at

Pop-ups… that reminds of this cool arcade game where you whack popping-up… things with a hammer.

Only I use a Sledgehammer. Bigger Splat.

Pop-ups are no longer a problem, it is the past. Though I do have about 300 new messages on my e-mail account… basicaly Junk Mail. Reason why I love the Delete All Button. I simply like big red buttons.

Posted at

When commercials die they will die.

Damn.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.