Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Stabbed through the heart by the barb is what I heard…
He was a bit of a cartoon figure and a bit too "Austalian" for most aussies, but it's still sad.
Ah well, he was going to die eventually one way or another, sooner rather than later because he was so silly. It's not surprising that he died, only the manner in which it seems to have happened.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Hmm.

I care MORE than I did about Princess Diana's, yet less than I did about Walter Matthau's.

Posted at

i'm disturbed by this, the crocodile hunter always seemed to be a constant of sort, he was always there when you flipped to animal planet, now that he died, it just seems weird…..

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Celeb deaths aren't too interesting usually, but this was something that was just waiting to happen. Such a weird way to go though.

Apparently he was snokling in shallow water, just swiming along, and the ray's sing just shot up and stabbed him in the chest and into his heart. Logical when you think about it really; they normally sting like that when they're stepped on and he must have brushed over it as he swum.

I love the comments about him where people say: "he died doing what he loved". hehehehe… What a stupid thing to say. :D

Posted at

I love the comments about him where people say: "he died doing what he loved". hehehehe… What a stupid thing to say. :D

It is a pretty cliche thing to say

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Celeb deaths aren't too interesting usually.

Like Pauly Shore

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

Well anyways back to steve…..

Oddly enough i feel sad o_O
I miss his episodes and his crocodile dundee movie, and now i got the part where it shows clips of steve Irwin and the Crocodile rock stuck in my head…..A truly dreadful day has just occured

God speak Crocodile hunter.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

guh…I found out at 1:00am after already being pretty down…guhhh…I think my day is ruined ):

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

I always thought he'd retire then one day, years later, he'd try to wrestle the descendant of the first croc he ever 'hunted'. The croc would win, then get shot

Is sad though. But yeah, like Ozone says he was the Australian stereotype that couldn't have been further from the truth

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

To be honest, it would have been ashame if he died of something mundane like a heart attack. I think this is the way he would have liked to go.

Technically, the sting piercing his heart did cause a heart attack

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I'm surprised he died from a stingray on not from a Crocodile biting his head off.

It is sad though.

blackaby
blackaby
Posted at

My fanatic-left-wing-side is battling my hardcore-greenie side for supremacy. One one hand the guy was the world's biggest conservative and pimped the heck out of conservative politicians and parties in Australia. On the other hand he made a nice zoo and told people about wildlife.

Hm. See it's a tough call.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

He was conservative? Wow, I never knew… Never payed too much attention to him personally, he was too irritating.

Hey people, don't get Paul Hogan and Irwin mixed up. Hogan's Dundee and he's still alive as far as I know. He must be in his late 60's now? Getting on to 70 soon. :shock:

hat
hat
Posted at

Man Irwin was cool, don't care what any of you think.
Shame he was so young… 44.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

wasn't he like Australia's pride and joy?
No, that would be me.

Posted at

wasn't he like Australia's pride and joy?
No, that would be me.

always so modest!

Posted at

geez that sucks. I grew up watching that fellow. I feel sorry for his kid(s?)

on a somewhat related note, anybody ever watch grizzly man (2005)? it's creepy as hell. Especially when people who've listened to the audio tape of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend getting eaten by grizzly bears…describe it.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

"he died doing what he loved".

… getting stabbed in the heart by a stingray barb.

Jillers
Jillers
Posted at

You know, as much as Steve Irwin irriatated me (his voice was at a frequency which made my ears want to kick him) and as crazy as he was, he did really care about animals. At least he died doing what he loved, and not becase of drugs, alcohol, or crazy wives that shoot you.

The Grizzly Man, well, he just plain scared me.

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

It really was only a matter of time an animal killed him. That was one of the least shocking news reports ever. He tempted fate one too many times.

Still, like any passing, it is a sad one. So, RIP Crocodile Hunter.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Such a bizare death though… It's like being run over by a steamroller… Or hit on the head by a metiorite. Very rare and strange.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.