Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Dark Vs Light

Skulldog
Skulldog
Posted at

Dark and Serious. But not so dark it turns into characters bitching about who has the most traumatic past.

Humor is much harder to do RIGHT, so I find there's a lot of poorly done comics that only fall into humor.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I like a mixture of both, because then you get things like Firefly.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Or LEXX, the best SciFi show EVER.

hat
hat
Posted at

Happy and funny. I don't know about yall, but I enjoy a good laugh.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Dark and happy.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Yeah, I'm voting with a mixture of both. If there's a comic with a really heavy subject matter, it's nice to have it broken up with a little comedy. That's why they invented Comic Relief.

Posted at

"Well I'm just off to paint my nails and listen to My Chemical Romance…. arg… memories… returning…"

EDIT: oh yeah, and no capes and long hair either, thankyou-very-much.

Heh, two of my female characters have really long hair. One of them is obsessive and the other's a psychopath, but neither of them are agnst-y. No capes, though.

I like both light humour and dark humour. I'm not a fan of over dramatic comics. There's only so many times you can say "gasp!" Dark humour is awesome, though.

Posted at

i like reading dark comedic stories; 100 bullets, preacher, the authority, and the punisher. ennis, azarello, and ellis are the best writers for making something that's not suppose to be funny…funny.

my comic is kinda like that, since I like to create what I like to read.

Kiara
Kiara
Posted at

I actually like both equally, as long as they're done right. Comedy is hard to do correctly, and I really respect those who can churn out really good comics strip after strip.
However, I also really like how comic stories string together really nicely, and as long as emo!orbs don't follow the characters around, I actually kind of like the darker stories that make you think.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

I like dark and serious

Yet i also like funny

I like Dark and funny.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Wow. The black comedy genre certainly is winning here. Personally, though, I favor a funny story with serious bits sprinkled in over a serious story with funny bits sprinkled in.

Or maybe I mean a light-hearted story with dark parts sprinkled in? What about a dark chocolate story with jimmies sprinkled in? …Whatever. It's difficult for me to think of things in plain blacks and whites. Anyways, a good story should make you laugh, but also make you think all the while. It shouldn't let too much angst or hubris get in the way.

~IJ

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.