Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I find it funny sometimes to see what the other people who share me name are up to, so I Google it.

Most top results will always be me, but there are others-
This one for instance. A 38 year old female cricket player apparently? lol!

There was a folk musician for a long time, but he's apparently just died. That's quite sad because he was one of my top dopplegangers for years. :(

There's a dead US marine…

Various academics.

Once I think there was even a petty criminal.
-an embarrassment to the fine dynasty of Michael John Morris's!!!

…Looks like I've totally taken over the results for the name these days though… Which is sad on a number of levels.
—————————————

Anyway, that's me, Anyone else have fun finding their namesakes? :)

mlai
mlai
Posted at

My namesake:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You're a chick? :)
Or are you just doing that from your DD nick? :P

It's a good idea though… I did An image search. There was a 3rd Barron of Killanin in Galway Ireland…. He died in 1999. :) (real name is mine of course)

And that folk musician that dies was a different one. Yay, more namesakes still going!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

There's only one other person who shares my full name. We look disturbingly similar. Googling us gives you my LinkedIn account and some of her film stuff…and oh Lord, the SpaceBurger cast page (a terrible home movie series).

mlai
mlai
Posted at

You're a chick? :)
Or are you just doing that from your DD nick? :P
No, she's the namesake of my real name.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Apparently, I'm in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, I am also a JOURNALIST, in the IT FIELD, I'm a DOCTOR, and I even have MY RESUME online.

Of course, that's just when I use my given name "Stephen". There are even more with "Steve". ;)

Apparently, unlike here, Rowles is a pretty common UK name.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I'm a basketball player / NCAA Basketball, PASSALACQUA v. THE STATE OF NEW YORK, #2001-028-569, Claim No. 96084, Motion No. M-62997, Vice President for Sons of San Paolino di Nola, and a really old member of Alpha Omega Theta.

Granted, this is all using only my first and last name, nothing else, such as name nor affix nor anything like that.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

I'm… me. Basically. All cases I've found of my name online have been for me…

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

For my full name, I basically get just me. I did see a few things relating to my middle name, some gastro-intestinal doctor or something…it was pretty vague. That, and some german website involving an antique organ/piano. I guess that makes sense since my middle name is german in origin.

No middle name gets much more interesting things: contemporary artist, business person, actress, photographer, children's book writer/artist, author, senior lecturer in hispanic studies at Standford University, mortgage agent, foreign nurse, and has an article in the NYTimes announcing her wedding. It seems most Victoria Smiths are complete freaks…….

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Using my middle name comes up with absolutely nothing. I don't mean no search results, I just mean no connections. My middle name comes up as someone's first or last name, but never as my full name.

Posted at

It seems that I'm:

Event Organizer, Medical School Student, Hockey Coach, CEO of some woodworking company, and a russian bodyguard.

The rest are all sites and stuff that I made or did. :p

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I'm either the only person on the net with my name or just so damn popular and amazing that I'm the only one who shows up on Google. Lots and lots of me and things I've done… That's right, I am the "one and only." (That is just by first and last name and/or common nickname and last name.)

The only exceptions are, I found my name listed in a funeral home index in Missouri and in a list of deed transfers in Florida. No information on either. Just names on a list.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

the second one came up as me…but no others……

also under image….it was like the tenth one….but that was only closely related…

Posted at

Apparently my brother and I murdered somebody. This one actually scared me a bit, because the murderer and my real brother share the same name as well.

The rest are religious types, mostly baptists and priests. Which is odd, because I'm a complete atheist myself. According to one result, I was hanging around doing traitory things in 1880. I was (am? I'm not to sure due to lack of dates) a horse jockey, quite a prolific one by the look of it. I was also a member of a society that protected Aborigines, until I died of tuberculosis.

The best one though, is that I'm a mountain.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Spot the difference

—–

Can you see it yet?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

it's definatly the hair….

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

there was only one other person that came up and she was the descendant of "thomas Stevenson" who, i guess, was a famous lighthouse designer. it was on a geneology page. other then that….it was AALLLLLL me baby…aaaalllll me.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

There's a guy in Rutherford NJ who has my name. His Amazon account comes up if you google me, and then Dasien is underneith it.

Whenever I Google Dasien, I get a bunch of transcendental philosophy websites.

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

Right, there's me on DevArt, me on Giant in the Playground, me on Myspace about 5 times, then some Netherlands….. thing, then me on Shrine of Insanity (hey look us up! :P) then me on Giant in the Playground, then me on Nationstates, then me on Deviant Art again…. aaaand after that it's just stuff from the BeNeLux countries.

Posted at

Yeah, it had something to do with rat pellets.

Dr3wdub
Dr3wdub
Posted at

Apparently im some sorta singer…google "andrew williams". I dont feel like making a link.

Yeah, it had something to do with rat pellets.
…oookay…

lba
lba
Posted at

Apparently I'm an Art Nouveau Photographer in New York who doesn't speak English, an football player for Oakland who has amazing punting abilities, A German guy who got deported from Russia in 1941, and the only one that's actually on me is an old newspaper report on airsoft in the Detroit metro area.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

My name is unique as well. There's nobody else out there with the same name as I do.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Apparently my doppelgangers are a professional wrestler, an independent game developer, some kind of religious blogger, a photographer, a systems engineer, owner of a financial service, a management consultant, several IT professionals, and a few reporters for various papers around the country. And that's just in the first 5 pages of the 84 pages of results. And my mother thought my name was pretty unique back in 1965. Guess she was a trendsetter.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.