Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Pulse
Pulse
Posted at

I WAS using internet explorer until now. Now I use Mozilla firefox which works so much faster for my labtop..how about you which do you use? Or do you use a different program?

Posted at

I use firefox. My computer can't use the latest internet explorer, so I can only use firefox if I want tabs.

It works better for me.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Internet Explorer becuase Fire Fox freaked the crap out of me when I tried to use it.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Firefox.
It's much faster, and if I use Firefox, I can have a Mario plugin, which changes all my window to Mario themed.
:D

Kumiko_san
Kumiko_san
Posted at

I say firefox is easier. My bro says its easier to get viruses on internet explorer.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

The latest IE also has tabs.

Personally, I use FF, but I do have some gripes. It seems to use a lot more CPU performance than IE. And that's saying something. FF also doesn't recognize special characters.

So, I switch back and fourth.

Mashed
Mashed
Posted at

Internet Explorer becuase Fire Fox freaked the crap out of me when I tried to use it.

Haha. That's how I felt. But my brother kept probing me to try it, and eventually i did.
Now i love it. Believe me, with time you will learn to love it too!

Posted at

Now that they both have tabbed browsing, I really have no reason to prefer one over the other.

I still use Firefox most times, though. Act of habit.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Jeez, if tabs were the only issue… Mozilla based browsers always seem more forgiving with most webpages, and they load them better. IE seems to have this stupid thing about getting all the content it can before it deigns to display the page for you. Which is SUCH a bad idea when a page is made up of different elements sourced from all over the place…

I prefer SeaMonkey to Firefox though. It's based on the look and functionality of Mozilla's original flagship project before popular little FF took the limelight. It uses much the same engine as FF, but you have more control…
FF is the version made to appeal to IE users.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I've used Firefox for a few years, so that's what I use because I am used to it. Bad IE stuff back in the day forced me to switch over. I don't think it's preference as much as just habit/comfort. The updated version of pretty much any browser has the same features these days, so it's just a matter of what one is used to using.

It can make a difference when you're coding, though. Some browsers display things differently and are more sensitive to html and java errors. If you're actually doing coding, it helps to have a more "sensitive" browser to at least test things on.

Posted at

I've used Firefox for a few years, so that's what I use because I am used to it. Bad IE stuff back in the day forced me to switch over. I don't think it's preference as much as just habit/comfort. The updated version of pretty much any browser has the same features these days, so it's just a matter of what one is used to using.

It can make a difference when you're coding, though. Some browsers display things differently and are more sensitive to html and java errors. If you're actually doing coding, it helps to have a more "sensitive" browser to at least test things on.

Opera, anyone?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Opera was. -_-
First with tabs as far as I know, but it lost it… Not as great as it used to be.
That's a sensitive one.
Safari is the same.

Pulse
Pulse
Posted at

the only thing that I don't like about firefox is that it has an oldish look to it while IE looks cool and sleek. Mozilla loads faster though.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

FF.

I used to use IE, but I was stuck with FF for a summer, and when I came back home IE seemed unnatural and slow. Now FF is my main. I only use IE when DD (or some other site, but usually DD) is loading strange, and I want to see if IE will do it better.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

the only thing that I don't like about firefox is that it has an oldish look to it while IE looks cool and sleek. Mozilla loads faster though.
That's because the basic look of FF was made to appeal to IE6 users. But it's got about a bazillion skins to make it look better ;)

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Firefox! :D
Because when you really get into the plug-ins, hax, and downloads it's superior to all others. ^^
Pretty much made for pleasing the person who is using it!
I'd seriously hate my internet right now If it weren't for firefox.

Posted at

Firefox - I'm a bit of a complete tech-idiot, so my brother set me up with Firefox, but now I love it to bits and don't want to change.

Posted at

IE. People keep telling me to use Firefox and I can't do anything with it, so they tell me to download this plug-in and that plug-in and I just can't be arsed. IE works well enough, I have no reason to change over at all.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Internet Explorer…I just like it better :3

Posted at

I've used Firefox since the day I finally ventured out of my shell and got online (which was only a year or two ago). It's more secure, it's faster, and it has near-infinite plug-ins and skins to make it really mine.

I use the Morning Coffee plug-in to open all my webcomics at once, without having to go through the pain in the butt of using bookmarks; I use Cooliris, which is possibly the best freaking plug-in ever, so that I rarely have to click anything if I don't want to open a whole new page; and I use Adblock Plus to improve my browsing experience. Along with the Walnut theme because I'm old-fashioned.

With Firefox, life is good.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.