Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Mecha model photos

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Looking through some old pics of mine I came across a few photos I made of my old mecha models. Mainly my Warhammer 40k eldar dreadnaught and my VF-1a from Macross/Robotech.
So I thought why not make a new pic thread for mecha models.

Feel free to post your own, here are mine.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The is the Eldar Dreadnaught with his funky paintjob and dreadlocks:

Tiger Terminator Space Marine:

Same fellow ext to a very rough shadowsword tank I made from cardboard and bits of scrap:

Transforming VF-1A model kit, unfinished:

With some other toys from Macross/Robotech:

And this one alone from Robotech/Macross:

Batletech/Mechwarrior stole this design for their own. I think that's one of the big reasons mecha is thought off as so improbable in Western fiction- this design was made for a fictional world where there are giant humanoid aliens and this mecha had to move around inside a huge spaceship designed for those scale of creatures as well as battlefields fighting against them, it was never meant to be a tank replacement on normal battlefields.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

A picture of my favorite mecha.  But it's not a model.  M60A3TTS tank.  
Second favorite, still not a model.  M1 Abrams.  That's not some cool sand overspray scheme that is road dust.

A model of a comic book tank.  The M3 Stuart "Haunted tank" from DC's GI Combat. (The model is only 2 1/2 inches long)

One of the ugliest tanks ever:  The Valentine mk. XI

M901 Hammerhead ITV.  The bumper codes indidcate that it's from 50 the Armored Division 1/102 armor battalion headquarters company.  I was in company B or bravo and there's my screen name.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.