Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

A New guy, but not a newbie

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

Hi, I'm new here. But I have some experience in sprites and comics.
I have one comic on DD which is probably my best.
But anyway, Hi it's nice to be here! :-D

Podunk U
Podunk U
Posted at

Hey dbzxmatt, whats the name of your comic?

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

It's called,
*removed cuz people hate it*

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

Don't tell my you're a "theme critic"….

Duhawoah
Duhawoah
Posted at

I agree with Tater salad. Whom to much of your testostrone loving dismay. Is a female. Most sprite comics DO suck. I dont have a comic though because im 1.working on a story and 2. Lazy as hell. None the less i have seen some funny sprite comics…SOME….

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

1. "he"?

2. The hell is a Theme Critic anyway?

I'm just saying most sprite comics are shitty and Zatch Bell is shitty to begin with.
A theme critic, is someone who judges a comic by it's theme. One gave me a 1 because it was Zatch-Bell themed.
But my comic isn't pro but it's above the average sprite comic. And I could use photoshop but, I like paint and Photo Impression better.

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

You, you don't even have a sprite comic so what would you know about it?
They're resized for a zoom effect because it looks better instead of having the frame at the same place the whole time.
It's a Zatch Bell THEMED COMIC.
I don't need Zatch Bell sprites for it. (Though he may be in it later)
And I'd like to see you make around 50 perfectly original sprite sheets while constantly updating with only 1 hour on the computer all day while still having a life. If you can do that, maybe I'll put perfectly original people. So leave my comic alone.

Jillers
Jillers
Posted at

So leave my comic alone.

Then don't advertise your comic.

Dude. Not all people are going to like your comic. Deal with it. They're allowed to their opinons, just like you're allowed to make your comic regardless of what they say.
Some will give you a 1 because they feel you deserve it.
Some people are intolerant of Sprite Comics in general, and will give you a 1 based on that.
If you feel those comments etc… aren't warrented, then you can report them.

If they give you criticism, it's not neccessarily an attack. No need to defend your comic here, let your own work show that it's worth someone's time to read.
*shrugs*

Um… welcome though!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Instead of trying to show my most of us hate sprite comics through an explanation. I will show in numbers. And maybe you'll understand.

If you go to the search feature on the Main Page, you'll see that there's 81 pages of comic listings, those 81 pages have 20 comics listed on them, (81 x 20 = 1620), that's the total number of comics on the Duck.

Now, take a look at this.

Pages of Comic Listing on the Seach Feature for Each Catagory

- fantasy [25]
- reality [5]
- real life [9]
- sprite [13] (13 x 20 = 260)
- science fiction [7]
- horror [3]
- abstract [5]
- other [18]

See, there are 260 sprite comics on the Duck, and probably even more in the others section, fantasy section, reality section, real life and science fiction section, or maybe they haven't taken the time to add it.

Now to be honest, about 250 of those probably suck. That's the truth, hopefully that will show why some of us hate sprite comics.

Many a times I've clicked on a comic name that sounded interesting, only to be disappointed by another Megaman Sprite Comic. Hell, I can't read sprite comics because, well. Most of them suck (average of clicking on new comics each day about 80% of them suck), and most of them take a hella of time to download. (the irony of is that sprites from old games would load in less than 1 second flat on one of these new computers, most sprite comics take about 2/3 minutes to download on dial-up)

Now, I'm not saying I totally hate sprite comics, Hell, I enjoy them sometimes, Notably Kid Radd. Don't trust me, well click on my sponsered comic, Such A Simple Life, that comic was once a sprite comic with hand made sprites and great writing, the comic moved on and is now animated by hand. That's a true comic right there.

.: Myxomatosis :.

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

I made a thread based on my experience with this in the Print and Webcomic section. I didn't mention it was your comic, but it was, along with another.

I don't hate sprite comics.

I do hate shitty ones.

Those just happen to make up the majority.

Ok, I'm sorry if I exploded on you. But I posted it at my comic and I'll post it again here.

Ok, Tater Salad. I'm going to clear this up. Not all the characters are custom, some I took from real games. I respect your opinion and I'll try and get the bubbles to look better. But, I'm sorry if I exploded a little but this comic is ZB themed. It's not going to be an exact replica of the manga/anime. It's the mamodo battles in an alternate universe. Most of the characters are small edits, so they might not be up to your liking. The only thing I can change is the text bubbles. Ok?
And I haven't muted any of your comics, but I'm sorry for getting angry at you.

dbzxmatt
dbzxmatt
Posted at

Well I know for sure it's not hand drawn stuff….
But thanks for the comments.

Podunk U
Podunk U
Posted at

I know I've said this before, but maybe try using Paint. If you think about it, pretty much anything can be drawn either using a circle, square, or other geometric figure. This idea doesn't even have to be applied to computers. I've found that using a ruler and a compass helps a lot when drawing by hand. Once you get that down, you can "graduate" from sprite comics.
Good luck.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.