Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

A sick day.

Posted at

Well, I'm home sick today.

And I thought it would be fun. It's horrible. Oh, sure, I can play video games or… well, play more video games, but no. It's quite hard to be killing space pirates when your stomach keeps lurching awkwardly as if it wants to throw up but doesn't just to annoy you. I can't breathe through my nose. My throat hurts like a bitch from coughing. To top all that off I'm developing a head ache.

Well, I'm done.

darrell
darrell
Posted at

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. On days I take off sick I like to sleep and watch DVDs. Unfortunately my boss prefers to send me work to do. :(

Hope you get better soon.

Posted at

Buckley's. It works really well, but it's like tasting pee that's been stewing around in some battery acid in a subway's floor for a month.

Posted at

We're all out of our Buckley's ;_;

And I like the taste of that stuff.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Chicken broth and a crap-load of drinking water usually does the trick for me. And when I'm sick, I like sleeping under a bunch of covers and "sweating" the sickness out. It sounds weird, but I swear it works every time for me.

Thera-flu works sometimes, too. It knocks you out cold for hours, but dammit, does it work.

When I'm stuffed up, I also have an affinity for hot toddies. Herbal tea, a bunch of honey, and a capful of whiskey will open up my sinuses very nicely (but you can also do it without the whiskey–it's the honey & steam from the tea that does it…the whiskey just relaxes you).

Feel better, man. :)

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I want to get sick, so that I can sick work this weekend. ;_;

Just take some nice cozy naps in bed, drink plenty of juice, and milk out as much pity as you can from your family and friends.

Posted at

We're all out of our Buckley's ;_;

And I like the taste of that stuff.
You are BRAVE.
Get the Buckley's back then!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.