Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Any microwave chefs want to share recipes?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I know I've probably made a thread like this before, but I didn't want to ressurect the thing and starting a new thread is a fresh start for me. The recipes you share should be simple enough for a starving single college student to make, not the complicated monstrosities that have a lot of ingredients and take so long to make that you'd be too tired to eat it when it's done. :)

I remember someone praising me for this recipe, so it wouldn't hurt to post it again. It'll probably be different since I've modified it a bit…

Ingredients:

1 can of corned beef
Half a package of mixed vegetables
1 cup of water
a pinch of salt for taste

Break up the corned beef in a microwave safe bowl first. Then combine the rest of the ingredients with the corned beef and stir it up a bit. Microwave on high for 1 minute or so. Wait for it to cool then serve over cooked rice.

Enjoy! :)

Posted at

Ingredients:

1 car
Petrol
Car keys
$7

Open car door and insert car keys into ignition. Start car and drive to Wendy's. Buy a spicy chicken sandwich combo.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Ingredients:
1 frozen dinner

Enjoy :)

Posted at

It ain't that hard to use a range and oven T_T If you want to cook even a little you can save LOTS of money.

Buy chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of chicken breasts :) Put some veggies and the chicken (smaller pieces work better) and some chicken stock (can be made from cubes) in the oven in an oven bag on a tray and when it's done you have yummy tender chicken and veg!

Get a crock pot and make soups, chilis, etc, then fridge or freeze the leftovers. You can make lots of good soups by using a canned base and just adding some more stuff. You don't even have to do anything, just put stuff in a pot and let it cook all day. Crock pots work GREAT with cheap meats too :)

Lots of vegetables and lots of rice make lots of stir fry :)

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

Ingredients:
rice
water
salty meat, eggs, or vegetables

1) put the rice and water in a pot and boil for around 30 minutes to an hour (depending on how much congee you want to cook)
2) put the salty meat, eggs, vegetables, or whatever you want on top of it
3) profit

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

ingredients:
-couscous
-anything else

1) throw couscous in boiling water for 5 minutes
2) dry it and add anything else
3) have fun!

Posted at

Our microwave blew up. We have to cook things in a pan, which is apparently a foreign concept to the people I'm living with.

Posted at

Our microwave blew up. We have to cook things in a pan, which is apparently a foreign concept to the people I'm living with.

Real men know how to cook using any implement except for microwaves.

Because microwaves are for wussies.

pastel
pastel
Posted at

Microwave Bread:

Ingredients:
about 2.5 cups flour
2 tbs butter
1 cup milk
1.5 tsp salt
2tsp yeast
2 tbs sugar

Directions:
1. Add the butter to the milk and microwave until it just melts, about 30-60 secs. You want it melted, but not boiling or anything.
2. Add the yeast, sugar, salt, mix well
3. Add the flour until you get a sticky dough that you can handle.
***** Important******
Do not knead the dough, just mix it. Trust me, if you knead it it will not rise. There is a reason for this, but I forget. It has to do with the gluten formation interfering with the rise.
4. After you mix the ingredients, cover the bowl with parchment paper and a wet towel and microwave for 30 seconds on high
5. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Shape into balls, put on a microwave/oven safe dish (I use a plate w/ parchment paper)
6. Cover with paper and towel, let sit 10 minutes
7. Microwave on low(plevel 30%) for 30 seconds
8. Let sit for about 45min- 1 hour
9. Bake at 375 until golden brown, about 15 min I believe
Total time 1.5 hours, but I think I actually let the rise go longer than necessary

It's interesting if you have time to kill. :)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Real men know how to cook using any implement except for microwaves.

Because microwaves are for wussies.

I was watching a Food Network show that showed me that you can cook good stuff with a microwave. The microwave is just a cooking tool like any other. However, there are people who can't seem to cook with anything but a microwave which is why I posted a thread like this; there's more to a meal besides a ready made tray and frozen pizza. :)

I gotta try out the recipe above THIS post. :)

hehe… I just made scrambled eggs using a microwave. :)

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

I'M MELTING LOLLIPOPS! IN THE MICROWAVE!

my roommate has a book full of microwave recipes… I've never used it, though, I prefer the Old Way (plus, we don't have a microwave)

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I've tried that before….while it can be done and is quicker, it tastes completely different than the skillet version.

Posted at

I've tried that before….while it can be done and is quicker, it tastes completely different than the skillet version.
Add Pepper jack cheese, some cajun spices, and put it on a toasted english muffin.
Tasty cakes…

PhatScurl
PhatScurl
Posted at

Lazy man's Rice Krispy Treat

My friends make these all the freaking time, and it's so easy.

Materials:
[1]bowl
[1]box of rice krispies
[1]LOTS O' MARSHMALLOWS!!!
[1]source of radioactive heat, preferably a microwave

Instructions:

fill your bowl with rice krispies but don't super fill it, a normal serving, not like a super serving like you'd eat for breakfast. Top it off with marshmallows just enough to cover the rice krispies.

finally, and this is the hardest part, you have to stick with me here, awright. If you don't do this right then you might kill yourself.

microwave it.

yeah that's about it, watch it carefully (sugar is very flammable, used in some types of gunpowder you know!) and take it out when its nice, melted, and a giant sticky mess. MMMMM…taste's just like my childhood…if i were raised on a nuclear plant.

ENJOY!!

Posted at

My grandfather used to cook breakfast sausage in a microwave. It looked sickly and smelled like death.

Also, he was a terrible alcoholic.

MechaZeep
MechaZeep
Posted at

HARD TAC
salt
flour
water
only eat this if your HARDCORE!

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

This is actually my grandpa's recipe, and it's kind of bland, but it does the trick if you're out of groceries…uh except that it's not a whole meal.

But um

Dad's Microwave Chicken (or Grandpa's, my aunt wrote it down)
From a family cookbook, my dad's side published.

"You need chicken pieces (as you desire). Remove all skin and fat. Place in microwave dish. Sprinkle with seasoning salt or soul seasoning. Cover with wrap and cook in microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes. Test for doneness [white all the way through]."

Incidentally, he has a method of cooking small potates in the microwave too, but I don't know that one.

Posted at

kay.
Get a tin of tuna.
Open it.
Pour tuna chunks onto plate.
Put some pepper and olive oil on them.
Prepare two slices of brea, one with mayo and the other with butter.
Microwave the tuna for a few seconds.
Place piping hot tuna on buttered slice so the butter melts.
Put the mayo slice on top.
Eat and enjoy.
<333

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.