Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Artist needed for a webcomic/online graphic novel

Posted at

My former artist gave up on it after one page. Eh. That one page is uploaded to my profile, so you can see an example of what the comic initially looked like. I am open to changes of any sort, be they to the visual style or the plot itself.

The story is about a man who lives a normal life with a nuclear family (wife, two kids) in 1939 France, at the onset of World War 2. During a German occupation, the man is fatally wounded. As he dies, he looks up to see his killer. Their eyes meet as the man's world goes dark - then he finds himself awake in a foreign bed, several years later. He remembers how he got to the bed, and everything that led up to that point, but his life as a French townsman seems like a dream.

Essentially, he realizes that whenever he makes eye contact with someone, he assumes that person's identity. Specifically, he wakes up as that person, in their bed, at some seemingly random point in their lives, as if everything he ever knew before that was a dream. He is seperated from his original family, and everyone he comes to know and love, and this happens again and again. The plot follows him as he tries to find his original self and return to his normal life.

If there's an artist interested, drop me a line and if you like, I can explain the concept in more detail, (badly) sketch a few examples, etc. We can always discuss changes.

The story should carry a dark visual theme, which is something to keep in mind.

Kori
Kori
Posted at

Hello, I would like to illustrate you comic. I'm not experienced in comic making, but I have good work habits. I'm sorry to say that I might be slow to put up pages because of school, work etc, so I will probably make a few weeks worth of comic pages at first. My work will most likely be in black and white because I have no means of digitally coloring. I don't have any work online, but can put up samples on my account, if you are interested.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.