Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hello! I'm Amanda

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, all you forum denizens. I'm Amanda, and I joined DD in September. I didn't become a particularly active member until October, though, so I'm just getting my feet wet.

I just turned 25 on Monday (Oct 8), and my birthday present to myself was to finally start publishing a webcomic I've been kicking around for almost four years. Here's the link: http://www.drunkduck.com/salt_the_holly

Enough of that, more about me!

I'm a Texas native and currently reside in Austin where I soak up live music like a sponge. I'm an office manager for a great consulting company for my 9-5 workdays. Outside of work, I get involved in crafty projects with my best friend, trip over things, and fail miserably at yoga. I can also knit, but the purl has got me completely stumped.

Drawing is decently new to me. I was tremendously disappointed to learn that great artistic skills aren't always inherited as my mother is an AMAZING artist - but thanks to some great tips from her and from my best friend (another very talented artist), I feel confident enough to start sharing MY art with other people. I feel that I've come a long way from stick figures (though Randall Munroe over at XKCD.com uses them with great results), but I have a lot of room for improvement.

/ramble.

So. How are you?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Amanda, please!

…..

/wrists

Welcome.

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would you like a Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

Hello Amanda, I'm the computer programmed greeting system.

It's nice to see you on the forums and part of the Drunk Duck community.

I hope that you, Amanda, enjoy your time here.

Posted at

Welcome Newy ^.^

I welcome you with puppies :)

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Hey, Amanda! Good Luck With Your Comic:)

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck! :D

Posted at

hello fellow newbie and welcome.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Welcome! There's a box of complementary meat in the corner, feel free to help yourself to anything you like.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Careful though, it's been there for a while…

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Welcome Amanda! Hope you'll feel at home here!

Posted at

Hi, Amanda.

I'm Lynn.

I'm a bit older than 25; but luckily don't look it. Happy Birthday a bit late and I wish you fun and success with the comic adventure!

Texan born and bred out of Dallas where I am very jealous you get to enjoy the awesome Austin music scene, we have a bit in common. I worked a 7-5 job for far too long and now am a full-time writer. Outside of writing, I'm addicted to pop-culture (mostly, movies / television / theatre / music / art / literature…) I too am a sucker for crafts: painting, sewing, crocheting and it's sister-in-law knittin'…I have no problem with purlin' so, guess that's the trade-off for you gettin' the live-music. I'm also quite the clutz and any number of my brusies might give you a run for the title in that department. I also drive a horse and carriage through Downtown Dallas, giving historical tours of the "Westend" for the company my husband manages.

Drawing isn't my strong point, but I'm not BAD…I'm more of the writer out of myself and the person I make comics with…Glad your friends and mom finally talked you into it, always exciting to meet like-minded chicks from Texas. Welcome.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

So…communal rejected meat? I'm tough; I can handle it.

Not rejected…there was a lot in the box, and not enough people…it's more like..leftovers. I've been trying to get rid of it…

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, Lynn! Half of me would love to quit the job and make a living do something more right-brained … but the other half really really loves this job! Well met.

Also, Rutger - I can't think of a better place to shuffle off a box of leftover meat than to some newbies who don't know the difference. Full marks for ingenuity!

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Woo, I'm ingenious!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.