Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How to change your avatar or other file

Posted at

That's right! I've discovered a trick to it! Actually I don't remember for sure but I believe Peipei discovered it but anyway I'm sharing it with you today. Whatever glitch is in the site that makes it so difficult to change art files can be by passed by changing the filetype! That's right it's that easy! If your current file is a .jpg upload your new one as .png! You'll see it works right away as it should!

Posted at

But. If you change it to a jpg, then to a png, then upload a different jpg and you'll see the old jpg again. If you've previously uploaded a jpg, a gif, and a png, then if you choose another of one of those formats you're back where you started.

Posted at

Wow… You're never satisfied main!

How awful, wanting a working product.

Posted at

Dude seriously you act like I work for Platinum or something all I'm sayin is I found a way to make it a little easier. Don't use my glitch if it's not good enough for you! MWAH!

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Yeah it's been known for a while. It works, but again you only have so many shots at it. Sadly the server doesn't appear to be fixed yet. Hoping it will soon. :)

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I uploaded a shitload of random avatars, thus I have no idea what I'm going to get.

It's a mystery.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

It's a good glitch. You only get 3 shots at it though.
4. You can use the extension of JPEG as well.

It's the same work around someone else discovered a while back.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

It's a good glitch. You only get 3 shots at it though.
4. You can use the extension of JPEG as well.

It's the same work around someone else discovered a while back.

I thought it was three. .png, .jpg, .gif. Aren't .bmp and .swf's unallowed? Or am I missing some obvious extension and making an ass out of myself? :|

darrell
darrell
Posted at

I thought it was three. .png, .jpg, .gif. Aren't .bmp and .swf's unallowed? Or am I missing some obvious extension and making an ass out of myself? :|

"JPEG" is an alternate extension for jpeg files. So you can have "lefarce.jpg" and "lefarce.JPEG".

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

"JPEG" is an alternate extension for jpeg files. So you can have "lefarce.jpg" and "lefarce.JPEG".

So basically common knowledge that somehow I looked over.

I feel smart.

darrell
darrell
Posted at

So basically common knowledge that somehow I looked over.

I don't know how common it is. Jpeg also has other accepted extensions such as "jpe", "jif", and a few others but whether DrunkDuck allows them or everyone's browser recognizes them might be questionable.

jazkitty
jazkitty
Posted at

I tried that .png thing and it disappeared all together.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

awesome info but wouldn't this thread be better in the how do I forum?

Posted at

I guess I get no win :( but I will try harder next time.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.