Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Hunger site

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

OK, this is EXTREMELY out of character for me, but I did the 30-hour famine, and learned about the starvation issues in Africa. Anyway, just go to the site, and click on the big button once a day, to donate-for free-one cup of food.

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1

OK, now I'm going to the Spam Thrend to make up for this!

gothelin
gothelin
Posted at

Oh wow. I didn't realise that site was still around. They've been doing it for years - it used to be on my daily to-do list a few years and a couple of computers ago. :)

Didn't it used to be 40 hours? I did it pretty much every year in high school. I think I've only done it once since I got out though. Actually, it would probably do me the world of good to start doing it again - not to mention the obvious benefits to the kids who get the funds.

ETA: It runs from 17th to 19th August here, so I might sign up this year.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Cthulhu is now donating to the poor? huh!?

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

No, I just click a button that feeds them for free, so I can devour their souls later.

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

yeh i've seen them foreign country's with them poor starvin children and everyone wants to give stuff to them… no offense, but we need to give stuff to our soldiers first because they fight to keep US free and unharmed

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Cthulhu for Pope… Well, that hat-thing is pretty cool. And imagine all the things I could do as one of the most important people in the world!

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

isn't pope over in europe? wait…. what country do ya'll live in?!?!?!

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

I'm DD's one, and only Russian.

drgngrl
drgngrl
Posted at

oooo i thought the pope was for europe only and russia is in asia…. man i'm gonna feel really dumb if i can't even remember geography….

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Heck if I know anything about the Pope. I'm just about as clueless as you.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

The pope is for the whole world as long as they are Catholic. We almost had an African pope this time. I think the government gives pleanty of money to our military, so there is nothign wrong with giving food to the poor, no matter what country they are in.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

The pope is for the whole world as long as they are Catholic.

Ah-HA!

marine
marine
Posted at

Thats a picture of a rich american whose in the social elite. Some of Americas other elite people include,

A platinum selling muscian, Brittany Spears. She has also appeared in a film or two. After one night of severe batshit craziness, she decided to cut off her hair.

Lindsey Lohan, a drug addicted, moronic, drama queen. The #1 young celebrity's, who also may or may not be trying or has tried to starve herself.

On the male side of things,

Everyone loves Johnny Depp now. He's a big weirdo like his favorite collaborator Tim "ruined batman" Burton.

This is Tom Cruise, an actor who gets 20 million dollers a movie dancing on a couch.

Will Smith is another actor with problems, his are more obvious.

John Travolta, another actor in the same religion as Tom Cruise, he likes to mention his religion every two words. Also their religion hates faggotism in every sense of the word.

Why do I know all this, and not anything about the genocide going on in Darfur? The starvation epidemic in Africa? Or other batshit craziness? Because in America, they don't like to report on "sad" things like that. Sure, they DO report on the occasional local (read national) sad stuff, if they think it will get a big enough emotional interest. Like say some whiny guy kills 32 people at his high school. That gets reported on for half the show, then it transitions in a deadpan comedic style into a girl whose a celebrity's for no reason crying her eyes out because she has to go to jail for a little over a month.

Personally, its more interesting to see rich people fall apart than it is to see kids die because they wanted to look like Nicole Ritchie. When I was a kid, if starving yourself to look "hot" was even suggested, I would've been beaten within an inch of my life and force fed food. Of course, here in America we HAVE food because we aren't lazy. I've seen enough discovery channel to know that Africa has tons of wild animals that often kill each other (sometimes with a very excited nature show host commenting on it), surely they could kill those animals and eat them. It all comes down to those countries governments wanting to use their people for slave labor, or "traditions". When you've got traditions like cutting off pieces of your genitals and not eating, who doesn't want to keep those traditions alive? I'm not joking about the genital mutilation either. If you thought circumcision on males was bad, they cut off the little dangly part of the females too. Isn't that fun? I'm sure Bono sends them food from his jet every day, U2's so shitty and popular enough so that he could feed all of Africa. But you know what, he doesn't. Bono doesn't give a fuck, and neither do I.

I'm going to go look for naked pictures of celebrities.

Posted at

oooo i thought the pope was for europe only and russia is in asia…. man i'm gonna feel really dumb if i can't even remember geography….
Russia's in Asia and Europe.

MetalLuigi
MetalLuigi
Posted at

Yep, the pope lives in Italy over in Europe. In Rome…I think…don't slap me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, you got a good point Marine. Celebrities always have big mansions that always take up too much space and are unneeded. Plus each one has about fifty or so cars that never drive but just keep to show off. All that money could have fed about more than twenty kids in Africa.

marine
marine
Posted at

Yep, the pope lives in Italy over in Europe. In Rome…I think…don't slap me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, you got a good point Marine. Celebrities always have big mansions that always take up too much space and are unneeded. Plus each one has about fifty or so cars that never drive but just keep to show off. All that money could have fed about more than twenty kids in Africa.

Not to mention golf courses, megamalls, theme parks, airports, or other gigantic areas of wasted space.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.