Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

North Korea Sets Off Nuclear Bomb Undeground

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/north-korea-claims-nuclear-test/20061008231009990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Isn't this just fantastic? Now the craziest country in the world has the bomb!

Anyway the UN is trying to do something about it, but when has THAT ever worked? Personally I recommend starting up the "hiding under desk" drill in schools again.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Anyway the UN is trying to do something about it, but when has THAT ever worked?
The U.N. councils would work, if certain countries (that become a part of it) didn't choose to ignore the decisions made by it, not to mention certain idiot drugstore cowboy presidents.

North Korea, or at least its leader, reminds me of a child that doesn't listen. No, you put that plutonium back, mister, you'd better…. NO! You WILL NOT make a missle! You'd better disassemble that right… NO! DO NOT launch that missle, you will be in so much trouble! NO! You had better not be EVEN THINKING of test firing a nuclear bomb, or you're going to be in sooo much trouble…. NO!

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Ambassador Pak Gil Yon told reporters he was proud of the North Koreans who conducted the test and said it will contribute "to the maintenance and guarantee of peace and security in the peninsula and the region."
Aww, how nice of them. I'm choking up here already. (South Korean I am.)

Posted at

You know a few months ago I was considering applying for an english teaching job over in japan, then like 3 days later was that whole incident where north korea launched a missle over japan.

now i'm like, i'll wait it out.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

The best breakdown of events that got us to this point can be read in a 2004 article by Fred Kaplan Here

Those that pretend it was a Clinton created mistake are only telling part of the story. Those that pretend like this is something that came up all of a sudden are crazy. Those that pretend that the current pResident couldn't have done anything to stop it are wrong.

But those that think this is a new world war are over-reacting as well.

If Il even has more than this one nuke, he probably only has a few. Not enough to prevent his country from being bombed to the stone age within minutes of any ill-advised attack he may want to make.

The question is whether anything will be done, or whether nothing will continue to be done. There's still a lot of time to calm things down.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

That isn't true, the craziest country in the world has had the bomb since World war two.

Posted at

That isn't true, the craziest country in the world has had the bomb since World war two.

oooooohhhh you're talking about us aren't you?

you and your "subtext"

Posted at

nk is systematically starving it's own citizens who oppose them as well as political prison camps. food we send them to be given for free were sold by the govt to it's own people.

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

oooooohhhh you're talking about us aren't you?

you and your "subtext"
you KNOW somebody was going to say it.

Posted at

'Course, they've got nothing to gain from actually using it.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

That might be true now, but we have the choice of deciding on the level of our craziness every four years. At least, we think we do. I hope we do.

yeahduff
yeahduff
Posted at

'Course, they've got nothing to gain from actually using it.

True, but they had everything to gain in making it. The Bomb is the key to international legitimacy. It's why Iran wants one, it's why Iraq never said they didn't have one. North Korea has nothing to lose. Creating a nuke was a no brainer.

KevO
KevO
Posted at

It's impossible to be frightened of Kim Jong-il after the movie Team America: World Police ….

…Why herro USA…

Seriously, watch the movie. That Kim Jong-il puppet will kill any fear of north korea you may have…Even if you're tied to a chair and you have Kim Jong-il himself threatening to pistol whip you. You'll just start giggling. =|

radarig
radarig
Posted at

As has been said, we have nukes. The ethical question has always been sort of hypocritical.

All I've been hearing lately is that, more or less, this will have the opposite effect NK wants, i.e. hasten the demise of the regime rather than prolong it, but again, what are we expecting the North to do? Launch a preemptive campaign against perceived enemies to show the world how massive its military penis is? That's just crazy!

Posted at

It's impossible to be frightened of Kim Jong-il after the movie Team America: World Police ….

…Why herro USA…

Seriously, watch the movie. That Kim Jong-il puppet will kill any fear of north korea you may have…Even if you're tied to a chair and you have Kim Jong-il himself threatening to pistol whip you. You'll just start giggling. =|

and hitler was a funny looking bastard that systimatically killed a lot of people

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.