Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

sigh... a heart attack takes the life of another person...

Posted at

today at school we got an announcement that a good teacher and a generally good person, died of a heart attack… he ironicly was in the best shape of his life apart from a bad knee…

anyway even though I barely knew him he was there when I did need help. the reason I do feel sad for his death is he impacted so many yet he got so little recognition for it… hence the whole 'good person' thing. many of these people were my friends… including one girl whom I actually seem to care about but don't know why… the saddest thing was is his greatest dream was never accomplished (becoming head of the school board) yeah the goal doesn't seem as amazing as he made it sound but to him it was everything.

the story was is he went into the hospital originally because his back was bothering him and when he was about to open the door to leave when he collapsed, unconsious(excuse my spelling). from that day on he battled a sickness that for some reason could not be diagnosed so the cause of the heart attack is as of yet unknown.

well the point of this thread is because I'm just sad and trying to feel better by talking about it…

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I'm sorry for your loss. Try not to become emo about it. I hope the school makes a recovery, and they make sure to keep his memory alive.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

heart attack can happen to anyone regardless of physical fitness…

If its your time to go, it is. :(

Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss and I'd like to share my condolences…

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Aww… I feel sad. I guess there's nothing much we could do but take it as a lesson to appreciate the good people around us whom we don't generally take notice of.

MetalLuigi
MetalLuigi
Posted at

A fellow student of mine also died of a heart attack about a year ago. It was really sudden, though I don't remember much about any sickness she was going through at the time. The whole school was abuzz about it and we had a front page dedicated to her in the newspaper.

In conclusion, heart attacks suck (obviously). They're unexpected and can take a loved one away in an instant. My mom had one years ago, but luckily she's been heart attack free since then.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you feel better soon.

Posted at

I'm definatly not going to go all emo over it because I'm just not that kind of person…

anyway thanks guys…

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Sorry for yours and your school's loss. Hopefully the people his life touched will be better people for it. That's all any of us can hope.

May you all find comfort and strength in your memories.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

Really sorry for that, dude.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

My dad had a major heart attack in 2003. He should've died: we knew he had a heart condition, he had blatantly ignored taking care of himself, he smoked, ate badly, etc…he should've died. Why did my family get lucky, when stuff like this happens, unexpected?

I know I don't have anything to do with it but I still feel so guilty when I hear about sudden, mysterious deaths like that. :|

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

My dad had a major heart attack in 2003. He should've died: we knew he had a heart condition, he had blatantly ignored taking care of himself, he smoked, ate badly, etc…he should've died. Why did my family get lucky, when stuff like this happens, unexpected?

I know I don't have anything to do with it but I still feel so guilty when I hear about sudden, mysterious deaths like that. :|

My dad died of a heart attack about a year ago. I really wanted to say that I didn't see that coming, but couldn't. It's happened before and always seemed to get through it. All of us knew that it was his fault and he totally knew he had a heart condition.

…still. Life is something. Not really sure what.

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

I'm sorry to hear about the loss.

As far as heart attacks go, I know they're scary, my Dad had a massive one when I was 13 years old, luckily after major surgery he lived. He's gotten 18 extra years so far, and we're all pretty lucky.

Posted at

That's terrible. A teacher I used to like died 2 years after I left intermediate school (of course, he was an intermediate school teacher.) It turns out he'd been battling AIDS for quite some time.

Posted at

I'm really sorry about your teacher… A history teacher at my middle school died last year… I didn't know him, but a lot of people were crying about it. That's so unfortunate…

Posted at

We had three teachers have heart attacks in just two months two years ago… all being in the same hall too. O.o It was depressing. Two died. :/

I can feel for you. Even though I didn't personally know them it still just hits ya.

Sorry man. :/

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I deleted the ignorant 'comments' of one of the users in this thread, along with all subsequent conversation about him. He was getting waaay to much attention from it. Hope everybody understands.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Understood, boss. Sorry for going off-topic there.

Posted at

Considering my family history, since I missed the diabetes roulette I'm probably going to die of a heart attack or cancer. Fun times! That should probably motivate me to eat better or something but life is for living man, and ice cream's for eating.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.