Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

[Question] regarding Quail's Random.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

If you're logged in, does Quail's Random show your comics or does it automatically filter it out?

It's kinda addictive, always checking to see if your thumbs pop up in Random. Clicking the refresh button is like playing a Vegas slots machine for free. :p

I've yet to see my own thumbs in Random. If it will never pop up as long as I'm logged in, please tell me now.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i didnt even notice the random quail…..now you has me doing it……

i saw that you can narrow your randomness…

AccoSpoot
AccoSpoot
Posted at

I doesn't filter your own comics out, I just filtered out pretty much everything that couldn't be my comic in order to check this out, yeah, so you will feature on your own list of random comics, but shouldn't you be focusing on the comics that show up which aren't your own comic? :P

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

If you're logged in, does Quail's Random show your comics or does it automatically filter it out?

It's kinda addictive, always checking to see if your thumbs pop up in Random. Clicking the refresh button is like playing a Vegas slots machine for free. :p

I've yet to see my own thumbs in Random. If it will never pop up as long as I'm logged in, please tell me now.
The answer is no. I've seen several of the comics I am affiliated with (as owner and assistant)pop up in Quail's random.

Posted at

I like the Quail of Randomness.

the intertron is all about finding random cool shtuff.

this just made it easier.

HalJones
HalJones
Posted at

Quail's Random has been a tool that has allowed me to see many comics within DD that I would probably miss. I don't know what the mathematical probabilities are for the repeat of a single comic out of so many, but they seem to stay around a little while. At least, some do, for three or four refreshes then they're replaced it seems.

Posted at

I think Quail's random really has opened my eyes! I love it!
there are a LOT of comics out there that I wouldn't have known HOW to search for that i've seen randomly popping up, and I have faved a lot of comics since then! XD
I think I've seen mine pop up once. o3o

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

I did the same thing, i filtered everything so that mine may pop up ^-^ but it still took a while, i despair that anyone would see it there, but it does happen i suppose. ^-^ it is addicting. Ive seen some cool things there but a bunch were on hiatus…

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Quail's Random has to be the best feature on the new DD layout.

Let's say… there are 10 computers in the same room, and all 10 users had pressed F5 for refresh at the same time and the page loaded for the 10 users all at the same time, does those 10 users see the same comics on the 10 screens on Quail's Random or do they see different results?

mlai
mlai
Posted at

there are 10 computers in the same room, and all 10 users had pressed F5 for refresh at the same time and the page loaded for the 10 users all at the same time, does those 10 users see the same comics on the 10 screens on Quail's Random or do they see different results?
Woah.

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

there are 10 computers in the same room, and all 10 users had pressed F5 for refresh at the same time and the page loaded for the 10 users all at the same time, does those 10 users see the same comics on the 10 screens on Quail's Random or do they see different results?
Woah.

dude, I was messin' around with this question!

Posted at

10 at once?! Egad man, do you take pleasure in seeing DD crash?

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

I have no idea what Quail's random even is. :o

Haha, I'm so new here.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.