Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
BlueLink
BlueLink
Posted at

Fetish, I like the sound of it. Not the definition.

Posted at

"Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"

Only because I think it's cool that I can remember it. :D

Posted at

"Comics" I like how the languages naturally pick up what we call "slang" and soon after take them as the norm. then comes along new slang – the meaning of words change, and I've grown attached to the word COMICS meaning juxtaposed images, that when viewed in sequence tell a story, sometimes with words. I hope people forget about COMICS meaning funny people, and COMEDIAN (or something) takes its place in all forms.

"Graphic Novel" just doesn't do it for me. I feel like my medium isn't as good as the written word (or "Prose") when I read or hear "Graphic Novel" like it's a written piece that has pictures along with it. Guh.

Back when I was more involved in video games then comics (we all made mistakes as teenagers, forgive me) I actually wrote a paper and did a presentation on video games, which I called "VAMES", for the same reason, and specifically because digital games weren't even using video stuffs no more – but, like I said, language changes, so I put the idea of calling video games "vames" to rest.

Posted at

Pamplemousse

Redemption
Redemption
Posted at

Splorge.
Although I'll be pleasantly surprised if that is an actual word. I know splurge is a word, but splorge… well, it just sounds better.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

The late great David Lange once used WOMBAT to great effect! Wombat is a good word

Poink
Poink
Posted at

Cacahuete

(( means peanut in french and pronunced KA-KA-UH-EH-T )

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.