Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
BlackRaven
BlackRaven
Posted at

but, lots of disgusting things happen in wal*mart.. REALLY disgusting things..
i've had to pull out the chemical cleaners sometimes, and we've had to bag up clothing that gets "stuff" on it. "stuff" being a very general term for any of several things.

Been there, Blu. I've had to clean poop out of fitting rooms, sinks, shoe boxes, the middle of the isle and then one guy walks in the door one time, drops his pants and takes a poo right there by the service desk. I had to clean it up but wasn't there when it happened.

That being said, I've also had multiple death threats and a couple of physical attacks on my person. The one thing I've learned is not to lose my cool. They'll leave but you have to stick around especially when you're a manager. You just keep reminding yourself that you can't stoop to their level.

Ew are you serious?!
I worked security at a hospital and one guy pissed in the sink in the ER. So glad I didn't have to deal with that!

Posted at

Been there, Blu. I've had to clean poop out of fitting rooms, sinks, shoe boxes, the middle of the isle and then one guy walks in the door one time, drops his pants and takes a poo right there by the service desk. I had to clean it up but wasn't there when it happened.
That's just not right… Who else thinks that people who do that need to be "kulled"?

or taken outside to be flogged. while they are flogged hard, set up a big screen TV and pop in the video of them doing it earlier as to publicablly humiliate them.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

That's just not right… Who else thinks that people who do that need to be "kulled"?

or taken outside to be flogged. while they are flogged hard, set up a big screen TV and pop in the video of them doing it earlier as to publicablly humiliate them.

If they can defecate in a store, I don't think that they'll be too humiliated by anything dished out to them

Posted at

I have 9 years experience working in retail, so I have a good amount of stories. I started off working at a Media Play in the books section throughout high school, eventually running the section part time. I then went to college and worked at Best Buy in the media department for 2+ years, eventually running out several supervisors and running the department myself (first day was my 21st birthday, and I was in the store at 6am, arrested 3 kids for trying to shop lift an ICP CD), and then went into securty in a different store for about another year…I was a supervisor in that department. Started investigating my GM for internal theft in excess of $30,000 and non-compliance with mandatory state safety and ethical business practices.

Suffice it to say, I left there as fast as I could, and now have a cushey job in advertising. ;)

I'll share the first day at Best Buy story here, for entertainment. It's my first day in the store, and we open around 9am. I've already been in the store getting everything ready since about 6am, so I'm kind of tired. These three punks kids, maybe 13 years old, come into the store sporting ICP hoodies, go over by the ICP CDs, and b-line it for the bathroom.

Now, I'm no fan of ICP, but even I heard about the band encouraging their fans to try to steal the album, so I'm instantly suspicious and decide now would be a good time to go "wash my hands."

I kick the door to the bathroom open, making as much noise as possible. The kids are all in the corner, huddled around each other.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.
"Just using the bathroom," they reply.
"In the corner?" I ask. "Because there are urinals for that sort of thing."

After they don't answer, I come back with the cold hard facts:

"Alright, I'm not going to pretend that you're smart enough to realize why I'm in here. I know you have an ICP CD, and I know you're trying to steal it. I'm going to give you two options:

1) I walk out of here with the CD and you leave the store.
2) I don't walk out of here with the CD, and you leave the store…in handcuffs."

They keep denying that they have it, so I say "Fine, your decision has been made" and walk out. The kids drop the CD and book for the door, where I'm already blocking their exit with the security force. Eventually, an older gent walks up behind the kids and says, "What's the problem here?" One of the kids turns around the punches the gent in the face.

Instantly, the gent subdues the kid and throws him to the ground, dislocating his shoulder. He looks at me and the security guard and says, "This minor ha just struck an off-duty police officer. Make sure the cops know that when they call social services to come pick these punks up."

The cops are at the store inside of 3 minutes (record time, or so I'm told) and they take the kids into the back office which lacks a security camera. Within 10 minutes they have the name and phone number of every kids these punks know who's stolen anything in the area, as well as an itemized list of what they've taken. The kids go to juvey for criminal theft (theft in excess of $20) and assault.

That night I went home and bought some vodka, put it in the freezer, and went to bed. It was an interesting 21st birthday, but I had to come back the next day at 6am and do it all over again…minus the punk kids. ;)

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Pfft… you guys have had cushy retail jobs. Cushy, I say! There have been 2 shooting deaths in the parking lot where I work over the years. Also involving guns are the numerous times we've been held up (once involving me personally– I couldn't tell you what the guy looks like now, but I'll always remember that 9mm handgun he pointed at me), the also numerous times the bank branch at the front of the store has been held up, or that time the guy with the revolver fired a round into the aspirin shelf to prove to the manager that he did indeed have a real gun.

But before we put in security cameras it used to be real bad. lol!

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

OMG!!!! sounds like you worked at Bath and Body Works!
I'm so sorry lol.
Bath and Body Works? Do you have anything I can give to my girlfriend to give her that "new girlfriend smell"?

Well, let's see what I've got to say

When I was 16, I used to work for a video rental place. One day, this woman comes in (Round about 20) and goes over to the adult section. She comes back with a DVD and asks to buy it, not rent. I told her it was only available to rent, not buy. She says no, she has to buy it before her dad or uncle comes in and sees it. I told her it was against company policy and she storms out in a huff. I checked the cover before I put it back and lo and behold, she was on the front, pouring whipped cream over her bare breasts and playing with herself under a red g-string. Next day, I'm on vaccuum duty and the air-con has broken, so I got the fan going near me. The same woman walks past me and then, of all things to happen, the fan blows up her dress and we discover she was trying to steal the DVD by hiding it under her dress. And before anyone asks, no she was not wearing underwear.
Is it wrong to be somewhat jealous?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.