Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Anyone want to share any French Toast recipes?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I've tried making French Toast, but I keep messing it all up. I was told that the basic recipe were eggs, water, and bread. Too bad the monstrosity I keep cooking up doesn't taste anything like what I'd find in a family restaurant. And I need to figure out a way to get that green fur off the bread… Okay. I'm just kidding about the green fur. :)

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I've tried making French Toast, but I keep messing it all up. I was told that the basic recipe were eggs, water, and bread. Too bad the monstrosity I keep cooking up doesn't taste anything like what I'd find in a family restaurant. And I need to figure out a way to get that green fur off the bread… Okay. I'm just kidding about the green fur. :)
Bread, MILK/CREAM and eggs!
Big difference!!

Also, I like to add a little nutmeg.

Thirdly, you may be over soaking your bread. Just a quick-ish dip should be nice.

InYourFace
InYourFace
Posted at

Chewy-gooey chocolaty artery-clogging French Toast

Bread, milk/cream, egg, nutmeg, Nutella chocolate toast spread.

make a mix of milk/cream, egg and grated nutmeg and dip your bread in, make sure both sides get soaked in this stuff. Place the first piece of bread into a hot pan and cook both sides. Repeat for other piece. Final touch - take a large spoonful of nutella and place a gob right in the center of one piece of toast and place the other on top for a sandwich. Quickly cook a little longer to make sure the chocolate heats up and melts, spreading itself.

Serve and enjoy the fact you cut 5 yrs off your life.
What a side of diabetes with that? Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream when the bread's still warm.

=)

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

There's a recipe? I just point to the picture on the Denny's menu.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

There's a recipe? I just point to the picture on the Denny's menu.

I love Denny's French Toast. I think they use cinnamon in their mix. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.