Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Are there any hamster owners out there? (Help!)

Posted at

Walrus: I would say that's just part of old age. I mean- my dad stinks! Seriously though, from what I learned with Pebbley Webbley, it's when they get a brown bum that you need to be worried. She went a bit tired after she reached the age of two (much less bouncing up and down on her wheel) and towards the end she just kept falling asleep in her ball. But she never stopped eating… damn hamsters refusing to show when they're ill! You could try vitamins if you don't already (the face they pull when it's in their water is ADORABLE). They seemed to perk my hamster up a bit (that and chocolate drops). Try not to worry or you'll start getting paranoid and that's not a good thing ^_^

P.S. I had a huge hamster as well. But I have tiny hands, so she was impossible to pick up.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Age for hamsters partially depends on the care they get and the species they are. I've had two Syrians in the past and they both lived past 2. One died at 3, and the other one was put to sleep at 3. My sister's 4th hamster died recently. That was her longest living one. That lived to about 3. However, she now has a Roborovski That's about a year old, and they're supposed to live longer. (Can't handle the poor guy, though. He's too fast. I'm afraid I'll do a Lennie on him if I pick him up, so I don't. I talk to him a lot though, not that that's a substitute.)

I'll need to know what species it is before I can give any advice.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.