Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Artist looking for Writer of a Small Project

Posted at

I have always been interested in being a comic artist, and have drawn my entire life, currently attending Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Lala, you can look at my Xue comic for an idea of a style I draw in.

I change my style of inking due to the nature of a comic. I like Noir. I like realism. I prefer not to do a gag strip, but more graphic novel style.

What You Can Expect:

I work graveyard shift, which means that IMs will probably be out of the question unless you get online during normal business hours, or 6 am central time. This means email, etherpad.com, or DD will be our method of communication unless we have planned get-togethers which I don't mind at all. I hope this isn't a set back.

I have Photoshop CS3 and Sai Painter, thus quality pages will be in order. I am not big on coloring except for cover art. I do best in noir-style and cell shading.

I can dedicate a lot of time to artwork. Meaning up to about three pages a week. That means graphic novel-esque pages that are uncolored.

I am always up for showing any character designs, pages before posting, etc etc. My level of involvement with the actual comic posting is up to you. It's your story.

I work 100% free.

Respect must be mutual. If I draw something you don't like, then tell me. /tilts head/

What I Want:

Something short. Short as in 25 pages max (you can talk me into a bit more, maybe). This is for me to practice. I do not want some ambitious epic.

I like a clear script. If I can't tell what you want then I am going to be looking elsewhere.

I do not want to color, so don't expect colors except maybe on cover pages. Minimal colors are a maybe.

I like experience. Anything from Fanfictions, to Fiction Press, to past comics.

I like CeltX or Microsoft Word for scripts. If you have something better, let me know.

If you don't keep in touch, I will drop you and be very mad about it. I take my artwork seriously, please take writing the same way.

My Works:
Comic: Xue (Its old, I don't update it due to it being an impulse story and the art is a bit outdated, but I still like the noir-esque style).
Character Concepts: Simple Head Concept - Fairy Concept - Giraff Ace Concept - Kairos Villain Concept - Nasira Concept - Serian Concep
Sketches: Two Killers WIP Character Design Pink Dr Horrible Cynic

email: red.octob3r@gmail.com
aim: VanityofDaedalus

Posted at

I found a writer, so I am closing this thread. Feel free to bug me for future projects however if you would like.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.