Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Artist need for Flash game.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

Have you ever had a character you wanted to see in an actual video game?
We'll here's your chance!

Click HERE to see a character demo for the Flash game. Use the placeholder character (the red stick figure) as a model to design your character's actions around.

Here are the guidelines:

1. The character is intended to be a human male, so please do NOT submit any animal/half-animal creatures as they are not likely to be chosen.

2. Only original works will be accepted. This means NO trademarked/copyrighted/plagiarized characters

3. Back-stories for characters are not required and will almost certainly be disregarded if submitted.

4. Although not in this character demo, the character will utilize a long sword (probably a katana), so keep this in mind when designing a character.

5. Keep in mind that this character will require dozens of frames of animation to animate in the game. Here are some rough estimations of how the animation in this particular demo breaks down: 4 frames for idle stance; 8 frames for walking, running, sprinting each. You don't need to make all of these animations for this submission; a few frames of consistent animation will do.

6. Sprite art will be accepted as long as they are original.

If your character is picked up for the game, you will receive art/designer credits for the game as well. Yippee-whippee!

legacyhero
legacyhero
Posted at

I have a few questions:

At this point, are you just looking for a character design?

Does the game have a name?

A synopsis of the game would be helpful in designing an appropriate character. The setting, the goal etc..

Are you expecting my submission be animated?
Or would a detailed character model sheet be sufficient?

Please let me know.
This is something I'd be interested in doing.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

At this point, are you just looking for a character design?

As for now, yes. However, in the future, I might request background art, additional character designs, and additional animations. If you are interested in any of these other requests, just let me know so I can give you a description of the level outline.

Does the game have a name?

At this point, the game is going under the working title of Project MegaDriver. Although I have other names in mind for the final product, the title itself isn't important concerning the design of this particular character.

A synopsis of the game would be helpful in designing an appropriate character. The setting, the goal etc..

Without giving away too much of the storyline, here are the main details of the game:

In the not-so-distant future, the countries of the world are in a state of political and economic turmoil. This particular story begins in a future New York City. The city is made up of three districts: the red district, comprised of the former Bronx and Queens boroughs; the white district, AKA present day Manhattan; and the blue district, a fairly rural low-density region of New York. A young man named Theodore, who currently resides in the red district (known as "Scarlet City" by locals), has recently been attacked by a group known as the Dark Crusaders for unknown reasons. Although he has defeated a high-ranking general of this organization, more will come to destroy Theodore until he fights his way to the heart of this clandestine group and finally confronts their enigmatic leader(s).

Are you expecting my submission be animated?
Or would a detailed character model sheet be sufficient?

A model sheet will be sufficient. However, for purposes of programming, it would be recommended that the sheet be submitted as a Flash document.

Posted at

Cool, I'm interested. Reminds me of the older Sonic games, I'll try to make up something soon.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.