Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Best pen ever. EVER!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I love the idea. :)

RGB mixes great for light, but not so great for ink.
CMYK is pretty limited too. It depends a lot on the surface…

And mixing the colours in the pen wouldn't work anyway because there'd be way too much waste- when you select a new colour you have a tube of the previous mix that's now useless, so the colour matching would have to be done right at the nozzle.
…and that could lead to issues with streaking or something f the mix wasn't smooth.

You might be able to make it work, but it'd need to be engineered really, really well, have a lot of power, and a big capacity for inks. Oh yes- and special paper to draw on.

Could be something really, really cool ^_^

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

You might be able to make it work, but it'd need to be engineered really, really well, have a lot of power, and a big capacity for inks. Oh yes- and special paper to draw on.
This probably isn't the most complicated challenge engineers have had to work around.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

This probably isn't the most complicated challenge engineers have had to work around.
You'd be surprised.
Getting something like that concept to work, and actually work well would be rather tricky:

Recognising colour is easy. You can have a little super low power computer on a chip that analyses it and converts it into CMYK, also converting it into RGB for the LED display strip -none of that is too complicated.
Then somehow the device mixes those colours at the nozzle end in just the right proportions and lets it be laid down smoothly, without drips, streaks, blobs etc

I don't know how many pens you've used, but if they can't even get most ordinary ones to work with one colour without problems, I'm doubtful it's easy to put together one that mixes exact colours and lays them down well. It's basically a printer and scanner in pent form. It's a great idea, but it is complicated.

I hope someone takes up the challenge and makes it.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I find the whole concept frankly ridiculous and I can't see any possible use for it, unless they can make it big enough to finish off a wall when the tin runs out and you can never quite get the next one to match.

And everybody knows the best pen ever is the Pentel Pocket Brush.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Come back to me when they invent a real life Ctrl+Z device.
Yes! Kindly put me on the pre-order list

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Love that lolly pen Herio!

Woot! Aussies rule! Three Aussies in the thread, two poms and two yanks! We're winning. ^_^

…for now. -_-

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I admit that there is pretty much no practical reason for needing this pen. Still, it's kinda rad.

I also admit that the edible pen looks delicious, but I'd probably chew through it in a day and then be left penless.

Also, go Australia.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

americans take over everything.

This pen is for a very specific group of people. Just those who still draw in color. only the technophile in me is really interested.

now if they did that for a tablet pen, it'd be much cheaper and easier to create the colors, and would open up a wide range of users. I hate tablets, but i would be very interested in getting one for this pen.

Dang it, i kept spelling it P I N.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's how New Zealenders say "pen".
You're spiritually a Kiwi!

Aussies still rule!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

That's how New Zealenders say "pen".
You're spiritually a Kiwi!

Aussies still rule!

americans pronounce it that way too.

Pen for pigs

Pen For writing

Pin your hair up.

all said the same.

Seems like your kiwis are more american. :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You say "pin" like "pen", or "pen" like "pin"?
Thank fast!

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

You say "pin" like "pen", or "pen" like "pin"?
Thank fast!

ben ten pen pin.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

And mixing the colours in the pen wouldn't work anyway because there'd be way too much waste- when you select a new colour you have a tube of the previous mix that's now useless, so the colour matching would have to be done right at the nozzle.
…and that could lead to issues with streaking or something f the mix wasn't smooth.

I was wondering about that, and I was thinking that once the user sensed a color, that was it, no take-backs…sorry, have to buy a new pen if you want a different color.

And even if it's just a matter of dumping the entire cartridge, it's still very tedious process.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Pen for pigs

Pen For writing

Pin your hair up.

all said the same.
??

[Not the first time I've wondered what part of the country you come from.]

I love the NZ accent. for breakfast they et eeegs. And when they die, they're did.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

I love the NZ accent. for breakfast they et eeegs. And when they die, they're did.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

The Korean concept designer had a major brain fart with this concept… This is basically a concept that is GREAT for a tablet pen, but impossible (or impracticable) for a real pen.

Why doesn't he just modify his concept for a tablet pen? He'll have buying offers immediately.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Awesome idea, but I'm by no means an artist. This has no practical use for me, and if anything I'd buy it as novelty and to show off. lol!

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

The Korean concept designer had a major brain fart with this concept… This is basically a concept that is GREAT for a tablet pen, but impossible (or impracticable) for a real pen.

Why doesn't he just modify his concept for a tablet pen? He'll have buying offers immediately.
Why would you need it for a tablet? Computers have color-pickers.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

??

[Not the first time I've wondered what part of the country you come from.]

Florida, Arkansas, Indiana.

Posted at

Why would you need it for a tablet? Computers have color-pickers.
Color picker wouldn't work on say the color of your wall.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.